Join for free
Page 5 of 38 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 04:07 PM

Re: Breast feeding in public

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Fair enough. The ones I cannot stand are those who do it while sitting in restaurants, trains, buses, parks etc., in full public view. It is so unnecessary. All it needs is for milk to be expressed and carried in a bottle.

Hear Hear! I agree in my day a lot of things were taboo and this was one of them..
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 04:14 PM

No-One seems to be very annoyed that this arse-hole took a photo' of this Young Woman feeding Her Baby and put it on social media WITHOUT HER PERMISSION....Now THAT I find disgusting!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Hear Hear! I agree in my day a lot of things were taboo and this was one of them..
It still is today apparently according to many of the posts here which can't have been written by women who have ever breastfed or I am sure they would feel differently .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
No-One seems to be very annoyed that this arse-hole took a photo' of this Young Woman feeding Her Baby and put it on social media WITHOUT HER PERMISSION....Now THAT I find disgusting!!
I agee May , the disgusting thing is someone seeking to embarrass a young woman .
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 04:26 PM

Aye Meg,it's a conundrum all right :~)

....Do the Folk who object know that there are hundreds of paintings by famous Artists all over the World in Museums/art galleries of Women breast feeding Their Babies?...Do They object to them too? ;~)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 04:42 PM

I don't believe anyone should have their picture taken without their permission, I assumed that went unsaid. I always assume we all know each other well enough not to have to say some things, that others would realise we don't agree with it.

As for old paintings I prefer clothed figures or landscapes particularly attract me. I am not shocked by nudes they just don't really interest me.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I just don't understand why people in this day and age still have hang ups about women breast feeding in public.
Where is the logic behind going through the painful procedure of using a breast pump/ putting milk in a bottle/ sterilising bottles / keeping milk cool/heating it up again when you have a fresh sterile product on tap .

I enjoyed breast feeding and found the whole thing a very satisfying thing to do . If I offended a few outdated sensibilities by breast feeding when I went out tough, my baby came firsts.

There are so many other considerations. It may not be the same for all women when you are breast feeding and your baby cries you 'let down' milk so even if you have expressed it earlier and carried it around unhygienically in a bottle, when your baby cries you need to feed it or it can become painful and milk leaks out.

I don't see why breast feeding mothers should be banished to some dirty germ ridden loo or back room because some people are embarrassed by the human body, we all have one.

One more thing , a breast fed baby will often refuse to take a bottle anyway and who can blame it, why would it want a piece of smelly rubber in its mouth when it can have it's mothers warm soft skin .

I fed my baby discreetly because I was being considerate to others not because I was ashamed of my body or being seen feeding my baby .
Oh thank goodness for the voice of common sense and reason amongst all this prudery.

Expressing milk andcarting it about can be time consuming painful and a sheer waste of time as many breast fed babies won't take a plastic teat. And it totally messes up (literally) the natural body rhythm of the 'let down' reflex. And if you don't know what that is then you really have no right to judge.

No one's advocating flashing boobs about the place or making an exhibition of oneself! I've lost count of the number of times the word 'discreet' has turned up on this thread, which is surely all that is required.

Someone can flash their boobs on BGT which is BLATANT exhibitionism, and no one protests about it being a family show! And yet a nursing mother is said by some to be unacceptable?

Well I find that kind of hypocrisy unacceptable whether it's on here or out there in the park.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 04:53 PM

Hypocrisy ? well some of us are not keen on public nudity at all if I had my way all the pop stars etc would be dressed modestly and relying on their voices not their bodies.
But now how people feel about anyone with a different set of morals is being brought out I am out of this thread.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 04:55 PM

I wouldn't say it was prudery ... or hypocritical.

Personally if I was in a restaurant a baby suckling would put me off my own nosh. It's as simple as that.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Someone can flash their boobs on BGT which is BLATANT exhibitionism, and no one protests about it being a family show! And yet a nursing mother is said by some to be unacceptable?

Well I find that kind of hypocrisy unacceptable whether it's on here or out there in the park.
How is it hypocrisy? A woman breastfeeding isn't actually on a talent show is she? What a strange comparison. I'm sure if a breastfeeding mother was leered at in a sexual way she'd be the first to complain.

Page 5 of 38 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top