Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2011, 05:54 PM

Re: Meditation / Yoga

We have been practising the movements for Salute to the Sun ready for summer solstice day on 21 June. That day is one of my grandaughter's birthdays, she'll be nine and wants to do it with me, the others chimed in and they want to join us. So, weather permitting, after they come out of school there will be six of us saluting the sun in our back garden - how wonderful! I will get my husband to take a picture, and post it, it should be hilarious with the two year old's attempts.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

17-05-2011, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
We have been practising the movements for Salute to the Sun ready for summer solstice day on 21 June. That day is one of my grandaughter's birthdays, she'll be nine and wants to do it with me, the others chimed in and they want to join us. So, weather permitting, after they come out of school there will be six of us saluting the sun in our back garden - how wonderful! I will get my husband to take a picture, and post it, it should be hilarious with the two year old's attempts.

LOL

How many birthdays a year does she have ?

Or did ya mean " that is the birthday of one of my Grandaughters " ? ............. LOLOL

I`m looking forward to seeing the pics Maryl
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2011, 09:25 PM

How wonderful, Mary... I hope the weather is good and your husband can get a photo.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2011, 09:35 AM

Had a thought after I posted that, it would not be right to post pics of kiddies on the net would it?

Topaz - stop picking!
marilyno07
Gloucestershire
marilyno07 is female  marilyno07 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2011, 09:54 AM

Look forward to seeing the pics. You have now made me feel really lazy and that I should be doing something. Have done meditation classes in the past so must find a good class.
maryl
UK

18-05-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by marilyno07 ->
Look forward to seeing the pics. You have now made me feel really lazy and that I should be doing something. Have done meditation classes in the past so must find a good class.
I just go to the local council's adult education classes and pay half price because I'm on benefits. Could never afford private lessons.
NaturalMan
New Member!
Oxfordshire
NaturalMan is male 

23-05-2011, 12:06 AM

I have found meditation (mindfulness) very helpful - it enables you to gain some control over your mind (which otherwise buzzes incessentantly with thoughts). It helps you be present in the current moment rather than mulling over the past or worrying about the future and enables you to experience peace and calm. Some forms of yoga (eg hatha yoga) are really just another form of meditation.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2011, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by NaturalMan ->
I have found meditation (mindfulness) very helpful - it enables you to gain some control over your mind (which otherwise buzzes incessentantly with thoughts). It helps you be present in the current moment rather than mulling over the past or worrying about the future and enables you to experience peace and calm. Some forms of yoga (eg hatha yoga) are really just another form of meditation.
I would love to try some meditation - if you get two mins please post some tips in a new thread
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

23-05-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by NaturalMan ->
Probably not the same thing at all but I used Liquid Mind ( Chuck Wild ) CD's as a relaxation aid during and after my treatment and in fact still do as whatever else they do they sure can help with sleep deprivation.

Our group has found also them useful in being able to handle associated problems like Tinnitus.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 04:41 PM

Tried it donkeys years ago, when the beatles were all Indian,I couldnt do it as like you I couldnt empty my mind.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top