Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 11:53 PM

Re: MP's response to an immigration question

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The one factor that makes me feel a little easier is that we oldies are less likely to suffer the consequences.

It is the young SJWs who will reap the whirlwind.

Sadly, so will those sensible young people who can see what is coming. Perhaps they'll have the sense to emigrate when things become sufficiently bad.
This,

They are the ones who just don't see it coming and who would have been instrumental in the demise of their country and it's freedoms.

I only hope we are around long enough to say "I told you so"
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 12:33 AM

Let's get tough with children. No compassion at all.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 02:29 AM

Hi

The ECJ was just ruled on an important point of law on situations like this.

http://www.dw.com/en/reactions-to-th...-eu/a-37846119

A rare bit of commonsense , Merkel and Juncker are not happy.

We have to differentiate between genuine refugees and economic migrants.

Genuine refugees are just happy to get to a place of safety, it does not mean travelling across Europe to reach the UK.

We are not a dispassionate country, we heavily fund refugee camps abroad and are committed to taking 20,000 genuine refugees, which we have vetted, direct from these camps to the UK.

I am getting somewhat annoyed with those who constantly criticise us, we do far more with others.

In this instance they are economic migrants, they have paid significant amounts of money to crooks to get here.

We need to send a clear message to the people smugglers, so this family should be deported asap.

There is no need to mistreat them and I have no time for those who would.

It is not the kids fault, we should look after them well whilst they are here, but out they go and they go quickly.

It is not rocket science to determine the point of entry of the wagon, so they go back to that country,as part of the current EU Treaties.

Days, not weeks.

I am also fed up with France, which is the first to criticise us.

They allow huge, insanitary camps of illegals in France, we do not do the same thing here.

The suggestion that we put them in a small boat and set them adrift just outside our territorial waters is just plain wrong, we are not animals, we are better than that.

The other thing is that we should demand proper Border Controls from our Government.

The fact that they could get here just shows how lax our current systems are.

There is no point at all in this let's take back control rubbish if we are so inefficient that we cannot protect our own Borders.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 08:51 AM

Children and babies are the most vulnerable members of our society. Since when have we become so dehumanised and through no fault of their own this story becomes another immigration issue. Because they were born a different race or culture.

My first thought was are they ok as I think about our own grandchildren. Not is this another immigration story . These children so easily could have died.

Government policy dictates policy on immigration not people on forums.

I felt sick to the stomach at some of the comments to be honest.

At the present time we are living in a fragile world, who knows what super power will decide to start a war and one of our family members could be trying to escape to safety.

I too am fed of irresponsible comments from people who are supposed to represent our country. Funnily enough even though I do not live in the UK I am still concerned as my family still live there.

It's true in my eyes we live in an uncaring society.

Let's just see first if these children are OK before the immigration issues arises yet again.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Yeh,

Always amazes me how they "lose" their ID papers, but never lose their mobile?And that damn amnesia about where they came from eh?
Must be something that the "refugees" have a propensity to catch?
Damn strange that it only appears to affect "refugees" though.
Just can't figure it out myself.............
And who pays their phone bill?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
The suggestion that we put them in a small boat and set them adrift just outside our territorial waters is just plain wrong, we are not animals, we are better than that.
Just out of interest, then, if we do not know from where they came or how they got here, where do we send them?

Unless we can show that they came here via France, the Frogs won't take them.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 07:07 PM

Just out of interest, then, if we do not know from where they came or how they got here, where do we send them?

Unless we can show that they came here via France, the Frogs won't take them.
Hi

There will be a record of the vehicle arriving.

The children involved are totally innocent, it is inhuman to mistreat children in any way shape or form.

The fault lies with the parents.

In this instance they very young, not 20 years olds pretending to be 14.

The fact remains it is our fault they got into the UK.

The Government is just plain lying about the effectiveness of our Border Controls.

They have been slashed beyond belief.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 07:17 PM

Hi

There will be a record of the vehicle arriving.
What vehicle.

My hypothetical illegals have just been found working in a curry shop or a car wash.

They have no papers, can't remember which country they came from or how they got here.

A bit of a problem, eh?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-03-2017, 07:26 PM

What vehicle.

My hypothetical illegals have just been found working in a curry shop or a car wash.

They have no papers, can't remember which country they came from or how they got here.

A bit of a problem, eh?
Hi

That is not what this thread was about, it related to a specific instance.

As regards Illegals found here without papers, my views are well known.

We inter them, I have even suggested a local facility, Tern Hill Barracks to do so.

I have no objection at all to genuine asylum seekers.

I have every objection to Illegal Economic Migrants.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-03-2017, 07:31 PM

Hi

That is not what this thread was about, it related to a specific instance.

As regards Illegals found here without papers, my views are well known.

We inter them, I have even suggested a local facility, Tern Hill Barracks to do so.

I have no objection at all to genuine asylum seekers.

I have every objection to Illegal Economic Migrants.
Yes, I know what the thread is about, but my question was worth asking.

Having interned them, what then? If the internment camps are anything like our prisons, I have a feeling that they won't object too loudly.

Then, of course, along will come all the snowflakes insisting that they should be released.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top