Join for free
Page 4 of 22 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 01:04 AM

Re: Vitamin D Defficiency and Mobility Issues in Old People

An interesting article here about the dangers of sunscreen/creams.

https://wellnessmama.com/55366/sunscreen-is-harmful/

Many of them block your ability to take in Vit D.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 10:42 AM

Sorry to see you drop to this level Floydy. Genuinely.

Admin will remove your post I'm sure. No call for such silly vitriol.

No hard feelings
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 10:46 AM

Still no reply to the fact we just don't get enough sun here in the winter and because it's cold we cover our skins with clothes probably not helping either. Many Muslims suffer from vitamin D deficiency because of their modest dress, so even in the summer they can't get enough.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What an incredibly smug and self-righteous asshole you are, Realist! You're an incredible know-it-all who somehow believes we actually need to hear your pilfered comments from various sites around the net rammed down our throats all the time. But we can live with that. It's your incredible narcissism that is too much to bear. YOU CAN NEVER BE WRONG ABOUT ANYTHING?!!

Yes mate, I can get personal too when I need to defend myself against looney tunes like yourself. The Matrix? You've been reading too many sci-fi novels. Get a life.
Whatever my home and working life entail, it all has absolutely bugger all to do with you. If I feel I need to discuss certain matters relating to those subjects I certainly will and I'm not asking you to air your views on those am I?
FYI, I have a wonderful wife and children and things are great at home. Work is a different matter, but I get on fine with everybody. I just need a change to my hours and I'm working on that.

And yes pal, you're an immature buffoon...."Frumpy Floydy" lol! That's so immature.

Well put Floydy, and you are right mate but, you can't reason with someone who doesn't understand the concept of reasoning, it's like trying to administer medication to someone who is already dead from the neck up. If any posts need removing from this thread it’s ones that give unsafe medical advice based on conspiracy theory’s
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

28-11-2018, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Still no reply to the fact we just don't get enough sun here in the winter and because it's cold we cover our skins with clothes probably not helping either.
I think you are right Julie. Many people probably don't understand the importance of the sun in our lives. WHat was interesting in the article I postd yesterdy was that we can "stock up" on this energy and Vit D in summer and "bank it" for the winter when as you rightly say, we don't get a lot of sun.

6 days of sunshine can make up for 49 days of no sunshine.

SHows how important it is for us to make the most of summer imo.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 11:19 AM

I don't believe we can stock up on it at all, if you have a deficiency it only takes a few days off your supplement the symptoms come back a week you can't walk well at all I found.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

28-11-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
If any posts need removing from this thread it’s ones that give unsafe medical advice based on conspiracy theory’s
I don't post medical advice from conspiracy sites Rehab. Silly thing to say. I post material from respected research bodies like the Cochrane Institute. I realise its frustrating to be presented with such irrefutable data but it is what it is. We can accept what the experts and comprehensive tests and studies are saying or just blindly choose to ignore it. Either way it is what it is and if you have issues with what they are saying then it behoves you to contact them and take it up directly with them. Whining at the messenger who made you aware of the data is foolish.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

28-11-2018, 11:28 AM

A lot of it is opinion of scientists that are not exactly mainstream. Some is dodgy at best. I wouldn't say you shouldn't post but I am beginning to think management should put a sticky warning on some parts of the forum telling newbies and people not aware that a lot of the advice may not be safe to follow. Not just yours but generally people shouldn't take anything as fact.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

28-11-2018, 11:55 AM

To be honest Julie we really need to get away from this encroaching desire for censorship. We have to learn to accept that there are wide and varying views in the world and that many people will at times not agree with yours (or indeed mine) or agree with the actions/policies of the NHS or other health services. The point of discussion and debate is to explore those views and ideas, assess the available facts and data and improve our general understanding. The more we can debate the issues the better off we all are.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

28-11-2018, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Yet you constantly refer to use of suppliments as a plot by “big pharma’ and the ‘establishment’ to control us .
Never once suggested that

Page 4 of 22 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top