Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 08:52 AM

Re: Another No Confidence Vote

Breaking news

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2112.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	8195  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 09:11 AM

In fact I still don't understand the Brexit threads here I didn't have access to some of them ???

Saw this written by someone who lives in holland which I wanted to put in he yellow jacket thread .

"I wish the Brits would take the time to see whats going on here ... I'm a scouser living in Holland getting on 40 years now. .... It is just as bad, in some ways worse than in the UK. For example, Health Insurance is compulsory whether working or unemployed. My wife and I pay 250 euros per month and that is basic, no dentals, physios or extras. 2 major hospitals have shut down - there are no beds - the A&E is the same as the UK, families are asked to look after their parents because of shortages in Care.

The immigration problem is a laughing stock, food banks are not coping, people in work are not making ends meet and are relying on food banks. .... Belgium, Germany and France have the same problems. Angela Merkel is stepping down as Prime Minister (Chancellor) but has forgot to tell everyone she has a secure high position in Brussels. .... Why would you want to be a member of a gang of pocket-filling thieves who do not care about their people? ... As for Junker ... don't get me started ....

The EU countries are crumbling and no f*cker gives a"dangle-doo-dandy", so GET OUT while you can and maybe others will follow suit". .... They are scaring and flexing their muscles and hoping that it will turn around, because the membership fee the UK puts in every year will have to be put up by the remaining countries. .... Holland will have to double their fee we've been told. ... What other countries can afford this?

Spain, Greece, Italy all bankrupt, so you see the EU does not want to lose the UK and will bully any way to try to win it over by threatening the Northern Ireland deal, the fishing deal, giving back Gibraltar and whatever else they can get their grubby hands on, so don't be fooled, it's not a bed of roses, things are bad here and like I said, in some matters its worse.

The riots in France are not just about fuel tax, its about living standards. .... Belgium and Holland have also taken up the baton with the Yellow Jacket Demonstrators because they're tired of it. .... Take the time to find out yourselves, then you will be glad of Brexit, and like I've said, with sense, Holland will follow suit" ....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

18-12-2018, 09:28 AM

Well that's nice for them

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/eu...164057042.html
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am sick to death of the lot of them - they are acting like brats in a nursery school playground - not lprofessional governmental representatives.
Are any of them professionals?
Is being an MP even a profession?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Breaking news
Sums it up nicely, Muddy !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Are any of them professionals?
Is being an MP even a profession?
They are paid as MPs - does that not make it a profession?

OED definition = paid occupation, especially one that involves prolonged training and a formal qualification.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 10:21 AM

Breaking news
Ha ha great fun Muddy thanks, that made me laugh out loud...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 10:26 AM

I have no idea why he's done this but there are a few reasons it might have been about. I like to think he's doing to bolster May so she can at least move forward, because this deadlock is doing no one any good. I also like to think he's doing it to get her out so someone else can move it forward. Any of the other reasons are just him playing politics and at a time like this I have no patience with anyone doing that.

I believe he was pushed into it by blairites in his party though. Longer this all goes on stronger they seem to be getting within the party.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 11:20 AM

Let's have a vote on whether we should have a vote on whether voting is a good idea.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 11:27 AM

In fact I still don't understand the Brexit threads here I didn't have access to some of them ???

Muddy anyone can post in the general Brexit section here..
https://www.over50sforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111

When members complained they wanted their say without anyone jumping on them Admin started the pro and anti sections which you can choose to join here..
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=41484
If you have a query about the site please ask about it in the Feedback section at the top of the page to help prevent threds being taken off topic ..

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top