Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 10:46 PM

Re: Wife of EU citizen after Brexit

Originally Posted by itsme ->
And another passport at £90 'each' and if you are driving another £60 for new registration plates if you have the EU flag featured on the existing ones.

Nothing confirmed but the 'visum' will last for 3years same as the US 'esta' system.

£150 thanks a million brexiters.
This is the 'fluff' of Brexit.

No one is stopped from doing anything.

I'm glad it will cost you...........that's sweet!
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
This is the 'fluff' of Brexit.

No one is stopped from doing anything.

I'm glad it will cost you...........that's sweet!

what you call 'fluff' most RATIONAL people will call detail.

And to drive in EU a International Driving license will be required.

You really are warped ain't you?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 12:49 PM

It should cost to go to other countries I hope it will cost people to come here too. If lorries and cars drive on roads in other countries they must pay tax in some way. Why should people who don't travel pay for damage from those who do ?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
And another passport at £90 'each' and if you are driving another £60 for new registration plates if you have the EU flag featured on the existing ones.

Nothing confirmed but the 'visum' will last for 3years same as the US 'esta' system.

£150 thanks a million brexiters.

Why do you need a new passport and registration plates ? I do not know of any legal requirement to do this ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Why do you need a new passport and registration plates ? I do not know of any legal requirement to do this ?
Doesn't sound right to me. I have visions of lorries coming through the tunnel frantically changing number plates, just not going to happen IMO
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 02:26 PM

Hi

You will not need a new passport.

You may need new number plates as those with the EU Flag on them will not meet standards after Brexit, on the other hand why not just put black tape over the EU Flag?

As regards HGVs, the EU announced a grace period, after which all UK HGV's will have to apply for a limited number of permits to operate on EU roads.

This is standard if you are not part of the EU.

This means swapping tractor units on artics.

Dover and Eurotunnel are not designed for this, that is why the Freight Haulage Association have been complaining so bitterly about the Government not planning.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 02:32 PM

Number plates with EU flags on don't mean anything - there are ones with England, Scotland and Wales flags too ...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-12-2018, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Number plates with EU flags on don't mean anything - there are ones with England, Scotland and Wales flags too ...
Indeed seems odd or rather pedantic to pick on just eu flags. I see Polish ones and French and German often too. Will they all have to change ? madness.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Indeed seems odd or rather pedantic to pick on just eu flags. I see Polish ones and French and German often too. Will they all have to change ? madness.
Hi

We are leaving, no longer part of the EU.

I have no wish to drive round with the EU Flag on my car.

The plates it came with had the EU Flag on them.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are leaving, no longer part of the EU.

I have no wish to drive round with the EU Flag on my car.

The plates it came with had the EU Flag on them.
Because they meet EU standards on reflection, contrast, vivibility. British standards date from before 1983.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top