Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 03:38 PM

Re: Wife of EU citizen after Brexit

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are leaving, no longer part of the EU.

I have no wish to drive round with the EU Flag on my car.

The plates it came with had the EU Flag on them.
That's fine swim but it's voluntary is the point. TBH we have never had any flag on any of ours, just the original garage the cars were registered to on the end. Always seems odd to me to spend money on special plates as long as they can be read is all matters to me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
This is the 'fluff' of Brexit.

No one is stopped from doing anything.

I'm glad it will cost you...........that's sweet!
That made me laugh.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You will not need a new passport.

You may need new number plates as those with the EU Flag on them will not meet standards after Brexit, on the other hand why not just put black tape over the EU Flag?

As regards HGVs, the EU announced a grace period, after which all UK HGV's will have to apply for a limited number of permits to operate on EU roads.

This is standard if you are not part of the EU.

This means swapping tractor units on artics.

Dover and Eurotunnel are not designed for this, that is why the Freight Haulage Association have been complaining so bitterly about the Government not planning.
That's what I was thinking. I have the dreaded logo on my plates but I shall just paint over them. Mind you, that little detail will probably take so long to sort out that my car will be scrapped by then.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's fine swim but it's voluntary is the point. TBH we have never had any flag on any of ours, just the original garage the cars were registered to on the end. Always seems odd to me to spend money on special plates as long as they can be read is all matters to me.
The plates came with the car Julie didn't cost any extra and complied with UK and EU law.

If you want to take your car into the EU though that's quite likely to mean a new non-EU plate will be needed from Brexit day.

But then again it wont affect you as you never leave the country.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by brendanxx ->
Hi,
If I am an Irish citizen and my wife of 20 years is a UK citizen can she travel freely with me to EU countries (mainly France) after a no deal Brexit or will she have to pay a separate visa fee etc.
As you are an Irish citizen, she can apply to become an Irish citizen and get an Irish passport

If she has Irish heritage, even easier

I have both passports
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
The plates came with the car Julie didn't cost any extra and complied with UK and EU law.

If you want to take your car into the EU though that's quite likely to mean a new non-EU plate will be needed from Brexit day.

But then again it wont affect you as you never leave the country.
Indeed and will affect me even less when I stop driving shortly. As a bus passenger I can leave the worries for the company that owns the bus.

I had a look at my husbands plate on his car and it has a fairy on it I have a feeling that was an added extra from my daughter
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 02:34 PM

The EU flag will change anyway - it will have one less star on it.

You could keep the old plates with the old flag on to remind you of "the good old days"......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

20-12-2018, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

You could keep the old plates with the old flag on to remind you of "the good old days"......
Good point so everyone will be behind the times.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

You're confused. The flag of the usa has the same number of stars as states in the union. The EU flag features a circle of 12 gold stars on a blue background. They stand for the ideals of unity, solidarity and harmony among the peoples of Europe.The number of stars has nothing to do with the number of member countries, though the circle is a symbol of unity.
The UK has nothing with those ideals, so after you leave the flag remains the same.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You're confused. The flag of the usa has the same number of stars as states in the union. The EU flag features a circle of 12 gold stars on a blue background. They stand for the ideals of unity, solidarity and harmony among the peoples of Europe.The number of stars has nothing to do with the number of member countries, though the circle is a symbol of unity.
The UK has nothing with those ideals, so after you leave the flag remains the same.
Thanks for the clarification - although isn't it just a coincidence that there were 12 member states in 1955 when it was designed ? Hmm...

The UK does not believe in EU Ideology this is true. We don't agree with or want anything to do with the single party politics of the EU Council.

Incidentally, you won't see the EU flag at Eurovision - the EU don't support member states demonstrating their own identity.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top