Join for free
Page 12 of 56 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 11:56 AM

Re: Coronavirus: Dominic Cummings visited parents' home while he had symptoms

The smart money is saying that DC has been in the frame for many months especially because of him having set his sights on the civil service. His support for Ms Patel really put the cat amongst the pigeons and the effective undermining of Mark Sedwill was the final straw. He was going to be toast at the first opportunity.

By putting his family ahead of lockdown, which any decent person might tut about at most, and with so many people wanting to harm him and by association the really GOOD government was obvious what the outcome would be.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The smart money is saying that DC has been in the frame for many months especially because of him having set his sights on the civil service. His support for Ms Patel really put the cat amongst the pigeons and the effective undermining of Mark Sedwill was the final straw. He was going to be toast at the first opportunity.

By putting his family ahead of lockdown, which any decent person might tut about at most, and with so many people wanting to harm him and by association the really GOOD government was obvious what the outcome would be.
It does not matter what reasons or excuses people come up with for wanting him gone from the government the fact of the matter remains that whilst the country was on severe lockdown and strict rules remained in place for those who had to self isolate if infected, Cummings who's wife was confirmed to be infected at the time, drove the family from London to Durham which was in violation of the lockdown rules.

As a senior adviser to the PM, Cummings would have been well aware of the rules, he may have even advised the PM on what the rules should be but anyway, as the senior adviser to the PM, Cummings position is now untenable.

If he was concerned for the safety of his son, he should have made plans to have someone collect him whilst he and his wife self isolated, which is what millions of others have had to do, which is what the self isolate rules instructed people to do but he chose to ignore it and it is a disgrace that the PM and other Tory MP's are defending him, which shows those defending him do not properly understand the rules of self isolation because if they did, they would not be defending him.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I am aghast at his action ..... but not surprised - he's one of "them":
Please define, one of "them"
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
It usually infers to a person in power or of influence who considers themselves above the law, that rules do not apply to them....hence the expression 'one of them'

Cummings is in a position of power and influence, he broke the rules on self isolation but considers himself doing no wrong. Those defending him are also of the same opinion, he has done no wrong and all those defending him are also people in power and of influence, all having the same opinion which therefore implies rules do not apply to 'them' because even though the rules on self isolation were very clear and precise, they were ignored.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Steve Baker is using this opportunity to attack Cummings out of pure childish petulance because he didn't get a job at the Conservatives top table. He's currently doing the rounds of most of the media outlets spouting his bile. His few minutes of being in the spotlight and his treachery won't be forgotten.

Also. It would seem that sightings by the two (anonymous) witnesses claiming to have seen Cummings during his specond alleged visit to Durham were based purely because of a beenie hat similar to Cummings' trademark. No definitive description, just someone wearing a beenie hat. I wear a beenie hat on occasions, wonder if I'd pass for Dominic Cummings?
Baker let it is to slip this morning that he is not a fan of Cummings going back to when they worked together on the leave campaign.

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Such a furore by people with an axe to grind, a career o further, revenge to take, all in the interests of Power personal or otherwise. What the hell is it coming to when, with not a thought for the people and the position of the economy people further their own interests rather than those of the country. What have we descended to labour aided Media treats this sort of thing as a game and disguises as a serious issue after all they have said.
Do they thing the Red Wall are stupid enough to fall for their hypocritical false indignation over at worst, what is is a technicality and at best something that any caring Parent would do I wonder how many labour MPs have broken the rules
Spot on both of you ...
I can hear the sound of 'axes grinding ' from here'

The problem is Cummings has a brilliant mind and is not like the stuffy politicians, he is trying to carve a new path in politics and has made many enemies and jealous opponents.
It may not have been the wisest move taking the action he did with so many people out watching his every move waiting for a slip up but we all do things without thinking them through at times of crisis.

I hope Cummings sticks it out and doesn't let the baying rabble force him out.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Baker let it is to slip this morning that he is not a fan of Cummings going back to when they worked together on the leave campaign.

Spot on both of you ...
I can hear the sound of 'axes grinding ' from here'

The problem is Cummings has a brilliant mind and is not like the stuffy politicians, he is trying to carve a new path in politics and has made many enemies and jealous opponents.
It may not have been the wisest move taking the action he did with so many people out watching his every move waiting for a slip up but we all do things without thinking them through at times of crisis.

I hope Cummings sticks it out and doesn't let the baying rabble force him out.
There are two doors into Nr 10. If the front door can't be opened to him I sincerely hope that he will have a key to the back one. He is one of, if not THE most valuable advisor to the government. My hope is that one of the first thing he does is to get rid of Sedwill and a whole bunch more of the traitorous civil servants.

They are responsible for so very much of what has been going wrong before this government swept into office and had to fight the terrible mess that the previous governments were responsible for and delivered what most of us wanted and had been wanting for well over a decade - and possibly longer.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I gave a link in the post, with examples, and added a couple more for illustration.

"The high-profile figures who got into hot water over lockdown rules"
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
It does not matter what reasons or excuses people come up with for wanting him gone from the government the fact of the matter remains that whilst the country was on severe lockdown and strict rules remained in place for those who had to self isolate if infected, Cummings who's wife was confirmed to be infected at the time, drove the family from London to Durham which was in violation of the lockdown rules.

As a senior adviser to the PM, Cummings would have been well aware of the rules, he may have even advised the PM on what the rules should be but anyway, as the senior adviser to the PM, Cummings position is now untenable.

If he was concerned for the safety of his son, he should have made plans to have someone collect him whilst he and his wife self isolated, which is what millions of others have had to do, which is what the self isolate rules instructed people to do but he chose to ignore it and it is a disgrace that the PM and other Tory MP's are defending him, which shows those defending him do not properly understand the rules of self isolation because if they did, they would not be defending him.
Exactly .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

24-05-2020, 01:04 PM

Well whatever. The whole thing has been used as an attack on him and our genuinely wonderfull government by "Dark Forces".

As I wrote, there's two doors to Nr 10 not to mention Zoom. I sincerely hope we don't lose DC's input. On the other hand I would be over the moon to see Sedwill's departure and a big time cull of the cs, especially most Mandarins.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Dodge, Do you have children?

In my book..... The safety of your children is paramount.
Am no expert BUT

No child under 16 has died of this.

They can be carries so could kill their grandparents.

Bit of an old link.
https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...20-2?r=US&IR=T

Page 12 of 56 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top