Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 06:24 PM

A busy week

Hi

Sky tomorrow to upgrade to Sky Q

Not holding my breath, they didn't do it last time.

A delivery of compost, 30 bags due sometime tomorrow.

A collection of heavy duty landscape fabric on Wednesday, then the first of the new helpers arriving Thursday, along with two tonnes of Gravel.

Friday is home visits for blood tests and then Saturday is chaos with everything being put in place.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 06:39 PM

Re: A busy week

Whoa Swimmy! I hope you are sitting back and relaxing, letting everyone else do the hard graft? Just sit in the Director chair
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 11:19 AM

My weeks are always busy, no wonder the time goes so fast.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 11:47 AM

Hi

Sky are here, they cannot get to my existing dish so new dish being fitted on the side of the house, I will have to get the wiring trunked

Wickes have delivered the compost.

I am having some more work done in the back garden, two bulk bags of gravel arriving Thursday to be laid in the back garden Friday afternoon and Saturday.

I am only allowed light exercise at the moment, so a new experience watching others do things.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A collection of heavy duty landscape fabric on Wednesday, then the first of the new helpers arriving Thursday, along with two tonnes of Gravel.

Friday is home visits for blood tests and then Saturday is chaos with everything being put in place.
Doing the same here, except substitute high quartzite sand for the compost. The palm is coming in the same delivery. You are reading "the helper" who is digging the hole for the palm and doing most of the work. I know you would like to be out there too , but you are wise in taking care of yourself. It's your time in life to stop and smell the roses. Allow yourself to enjoy it!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 09:01 PM

It’s nice to have a busy week but just remember to take it easy since you’re still recovering from your last bout of illness
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 04:59 AM

Hi

Wow it's all go on the home front!

Hi

Sky are here, they cannot get to my existing dish so new dish being fitted on the side of the house, I will have to get the wiring trunked
Interesting! I thought the practice of attaching dustbin lids to premises was reserved for remote dwellings as a way of getting the NBN (Internet) to the house.

I am not 100% sure but Pay TV here is delivered via the Internet either by cable or fibre. I thought using satellites for such services was a thing of the past.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

26-04-2021, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Wow it's all go on the home front!

Interesting! I thought the practice of attaching dustbin lids to premises was reserved for remote dwellings as a way of getting the NBN (Internet) to the house.

I am not 100% sure but Pay TV here is delivered via the Internet either by cable or fibre. I thought using satellites for such services was a thing of the past.
Hi

Shrewsbury is an historic town.

The Council decided years ago not to allow the cable companies to dig up the pavements.

It is only new developments which have cable.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 03:03 AM

Hi

Shrewsbury is an historic town.

The Council decided years ago not to allow the cable companies to dig up the pavements.

It is only new developments which have cable.
I would imagine putting a dustbin lid pointing skyward on every roof certainly enhances the look of an historic town.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

27-04-2021, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I would imagine putting a dustbin lid pointing skyward on every roof certainly enhances the look of an historic town.
Hi

In the historic part there are lots of rules and regulations about satellite dishes and permission is often refused.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top