Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 08:30 PM

Re: Are There Any Flowers You Wouldn’t Have in Your House?

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
The oriental lily leaves stains of pollen, so won't have them in the house.
Also, dinner plate dahlias, as tiny black bugs and ants attach to the multitude of petals, any you can't shake them off before bringing them inside. They are beautiful, though.

As for other flowers, I love them all, and appreciate any brought to my door. Even as a young mom, my kids would bring me dandelions and they had a place on my counter, too.

Oooh, Right Now, l hope you didn’t smell the dandelions!!
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oooh, Right Now, l hope you didn’t smell the dandelions!!
Artie, when your little kids open the back door with big grins on their faces and hands you a fistful of dandelions, there's no help for it but to gaze at them with surprise and sniff!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Artie, when your little kids open the back door with big grins on their faces and hands you a fistful of dandelions, there's no help for it but to gaze at them with surprise and sniff!
Ye of course, Right Now. It would be criminal not to accept them and sniff them when they had been so thoughtful.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 10:01 PM

I don't like cut flowers at all, any of them, they should be growing in the ground not stuck in a vase. They die, drop everywhere & the water gets very smelly. My family & friends know this, if they want to give me something it's chocolates & those are very welcome.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 10:07 PM

I can’t have lilies in the house.....she gets awfully upset when I do.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 10:10 PM

I like flowers in the house, cut flowers and flowering plants.

The flowers I won't have in the house are lillies and the potted Peace lily plant - they both make me think of death
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 10:21 PM

Lillies. Horrible smelly things.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Lilies. Horrible smelly things.
I agree Judd!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 10:36 PM

Yep, definitely no Venus flytraps
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I like flowers in the house, cut flowers and flowering plants.

The flowers I won't have in the house are lillies and the potted Peace lily plant - they both make me think of death

I'm the same, Mags.
I would not want a Peace Lily plant, and have never liked the look or smell, or the pollen of cut flower Lily's either - quite apart from the pollen being harmful to animals, especially cats if they rub against it.
I won't grow Lilies in the garden even.

What I enjoy most is just 3 or 4 of my perfumed roses in a little glass pot of some sort, I just love the smell. You never get that with florists flowers.
Otherwise, I will cut just a few of my favourite Dahlia heads, or 3 or 4 of my Agapanthus, they are all beautiful.

I am not so keen on huge great bunches of flowers, just a few choice specimens is what I like best.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top