Join for free
Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 04:04 PM

Re: Handwriting

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I am left-handed, so my handwriting has always looked a little messy on close inspection.
From a fellow left-hander, your handwriting is beautiful in comparison, Surfermom.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Give it a go Blue, why not, and show us the result.
I will longdogs, as soon as I get to a place where they sell the ink. I will try it out and show it to you luvie.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I will longdogs, as soon as I get to a place where they sell the ink. I will try it out and show it to you luvie.
Write me a love letter Blue.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 04:06 PM

Hi, Rhian, this is actually a timely subject for me as our schools are considering removing handwriting from the curriculum outside of quick instruction, with practice only being done at home.

I am left-handed, so my handwriting has always looked a little messy on close inspection. I can't use traditional fountain pens for the smearing....
Surfer, your writing is excellent. I wish I could write like you....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

29-08-2018, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Write me a love letter Blue.
I can hardly wait to do that honey....you will love it....
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 04:08 PM

Hi, Rhian, this is actually a timely subject for me as our schools are considering removing handwriting from the curriculum outside of quick instruction, with practice only being done at home.

I am left-handed, so my handwriting has always looked a little messy on close inspection. I can't use traditional fountain pens for the smearing....
You have lovely handwriting SM!
I love your big sweeping flourishes
And I agree about handwritten notes
Faster, more personal and prettier usually!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 04:10 PM

I spent my entire elementary school years being treated like there was something wrong with me because of my left-handedness "Turn your paper...don't arch your hand... arch your hand...your pencil marks are smeared...try again...try back slanting....no, never back slant..."

Sigh.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 04:15 PM

Thanks for the compliments. It's interesting I can already see the decline from age.

I had to write a condolence card just this morning, and was happy that I could make it personal by writing it out.

My kids send note across cyberspace. I suppose that if their entire generation is on board with sending important and personal communication that way, it's fine.

Cross one more thing off the list that includes phone books, typewriters, carbon paper, white out, and other artifacts of our obsolete generation .
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 04:18 PM

I write letters to put in Christmas cards every year.

Then those friends and relatives will usually text me telling how much they appreciate it
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 04:36 PM

Another left-hander here and my handwriting has never been good. It got a lot worse when I got a computer and started writing everything in a word processor or Notepad. My handwriting is so bad now that I feel uncomfortable if people watch me write.

Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top