Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 06:21 PM

Re: Question Time - Abbott

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/diane-abbo...115828888.html

Unbelievable!!!

Regardless of what side of any political spectrum you may lie on, it's fair to say that Abbott truly unites us all like no other issue!
Maybe she got interrupted more times than others because she couldn't shut the f*&^ up! Keir Starmer is another one who likes the sound of his own voice and won't let anyone get a word in edgeways. Maybe they both attended the Alistair Campbell lectures on how to be a gobshite?

Here's an idea for the BBC - don't ever invite Abbott again and do us all a favour.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 06:27 PM

Dianne at her very best

https://youtu.be/cYZ262b7wBI
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Maybe she got interrupted more times than others because she couldn't shut the f*&^ up! Keir Starmer is another one who likes the sound of his own voice and won't let anyone get a word in edgeways. Maybe they both attended the Alistair Campbell lectures on how to be a gobshite?

Here's an idea for the BBC - don't ever invite Abbott again and do us all a favour.
I've found that most Labour MPs are very good at interrupting other panellists.

But I disagree. Keep inviting Dianne Abacus; she's a real scream. I can't get enough of her and, to be honest, there's plenty of her isn't there?
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 07:59 PM

The Abbopottamus doesn't make mistakes or gaffes, that's her normal behaviour

I hadn't watched QT for months, owing to the BBC Bias and Dimbleby's inability or unwillingness to control panel members, but I watched part of that episode as The Abbopottamus is good for a laugh, and to see how Fiona Bruce managed things
I have to say that I thought it was improved; the audience reflected a Leave voting industrial area, and FB did well enough
I might watch it in the future

It would be an interesting exercise for a meeja studies student to examine current affairs programmes to time how long people are allowed to speak, and to count how many interruptions and challenges there are for each guest or speaker
I think something like that has been done, but not widely reported in MSM - I wonder why? Almost certainly because it reflects badly on the BBC and others

But of course no student would do such a study or investigation.
Such is the dominance and control of the Remainers and Liberal-Left in academic circles, they know that any such study would mark them down
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 12:08 AM

Tim Farron being interviewed by Andrew Neil in the last general election takes some beating. He just won't shut his gob...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 12:37 AM

They are just queuing up to knock off Abbott from his safe Liberal seat:

"A former senior prime ministerial adviser in Malcolm Turnbull's office is set to challenge his political rival, Tony Abbott, for the Liberal Party's heartland seat of Warringah.

Alice Thompson, Mr Turnbull's infrastructure and cities tsar until October 2017, will contest the Sydney electorate, held by Mr Abbott since 1994, as an independent candidate.

The news of her imminent candidacy for the coming federal election, which Prime Minister Scott Morrison has flagged will be held in May, comes after Indigenous broadcaster Susan Moylan-Coombs formally launched her bid to unseat Mr Abbott."

Perhaps that is what you need in your Abbott's seat? Someone must be voting for her.

galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 03:24 AM

Did watched it.

Seams the audience boo her before the chair intervene
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 08:00 AM

I've been watching reports of this on www.order-order.com and YouTube
Apparently she came in for even more derision from the audience during the warm up session before the programme proper was broadcast
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 08:07 AM

I can't see me ever voting Labour if she's not removed from a senior position.
I used to vote Lib Dem but they have no chance. It's a plot by the Tories to stay in power!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 02:42 PM

A discussion about QT from LBC

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top