Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 04:40 PM

EU in Panic! Bloc braces for "Eurosceptic Invasion"

from the paper that Remainers fondly refer to as that Red Rag, The Daily Express, By Aurora Bosotti.Must admit, I haven't even heard of this MEP, Mike Hookem of Ukip, but like or loathe him, he seems to know what he is talking about.

EU PANIC: Brexit ‘SHATTERS Superstate dream’ as bloc braces for ‘Eurosceptic invasion’.

EUROCRATS have been warned to prepare for an “invasion” of eurosceptic politicians at the next European Election after Brexit marked the “first gong” of a furious pushback from European citizens towards the bloc.

British MEP, Mike Hookem warned top Eurocrats Brexit marked the end of their dreams for a more integrated European Superstate, suggesting the European Union should prepare for an “invasion” of new eurosceptic members in May. The European Parliament will hold new elections for all of its 751 members between 23 May and 26 May - with Britain still unsure on whether the Government will field candidates in the even of a long extension to the Brexit talks.

Mr. Hookem told colleagues in Strasbourg their national governments should prepare for a mass protest vote because of growing anger towards the European establishment.

Addressing fellow MEPs on Wednesday, the Ukip politician said: “While some people compared Mrs. May’s dash to the European Council last week with Chamberlain’s Munich mission, I think it’s more like rage in our era than peace in our times.

“However, the real depth of public anger at the political establishment, Brexit betrayal continues to go unnoticed.

“As the EU elite continues to try and ride roughshod over the will of the European people, the stirrings and unrest are becoming manifest in equal measure”.
“The fact is, the people of Europe have had enough of lies being used as building blocks for an EU superstate while the governments of Europe are deaf to their concerns.”

Mr. Hookem cited ongoing unrest on the streets of Paris over proposed reforms from EU rising star Emmanuel Macron and the results of the latest round of Dutch elections as a potential cause for concern in Brussels.

A populist eurosceptic party has stunned the political establishment in the Netherlands and sent shockwaves across the European Union after a stunning election victory.

The Forum for Democracy (FvD), which has campaigned for a Dutch exit from the European Union, won the most votes in elections for the upper house of parliament earlier this week.

The British politician continued: “If you are complacent enough to think Britain’s vote to leave the European Union was just a protest vote cast by the fickle British, you’re kidding yourselves.

“Brexit was the starting gong for a new European political era. And as Paris bangs, the Dutch people scream for change at the polls and this Parliament braces for a Eurosceptic invasion.
“The superstate dream is shattered.”

UNQUOTE

The rest of the article then goes into what is happening in our own parliament.

Well, who would have thought it? I bet Solasch inhaled deeply when he got that result. Seems not all is roses as we were informed, in a supposedly pro-EU Netherlands!!.

Do you think the EU is en-route to disintegrating? If only we had a crystal ball and could see if ever more populist parties get into that elitist bearpit. It could be well worth it if we are dragged back by our hair, just to see the shocked look on those Brussels fatcats faces as their Gravy Train springs several leaks!

What do you think about the above news?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 05:10 PM

Re: EU in Panic! Bloc braces for "Eurosceptic Invasion"

I suspect that the ongoing "negotiations", between the EU and UK, are being watched with increasing interest and, possibly, citizens of other EU Countries might be looking deeper to understand what is happening in and out.

Maybe the EU was right to make leaving as difficult as possible, for the UK, as to do otherwise might leave a few, or many, others looking for freedom as well.

They should all be asking themselves "are we happy with this?"

I hope so!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 05:27 PM

My question is, if a country wishes to leave the EU, why can't they. They sure as hell didn't join the EU believing they were a "captured country".

Have we had a World War 3 that I somehow missed? countries capitulated to this country called the European Union - that declared war on the rest of Europe and imprisoned them? It's ridiculous! as ridiculous as you stating that maybe it was a good thing to make life as difficult as possible for the UK. We are all free nations and no-one should ever have the power to tell us what to do. Why on earth do you think we are trying to get OUT?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
My question is, if a country wishes to leave the EU, why can't they. They sure as hell didn't join the EU believing they were a "captured country".
Leaving is very easy, there is a procedure for. Negotiate the withdrawal deal and out you are.
May I remind you that the EU didn't draw any red lines for the deal. The UK did.
And then they have the nerve to put their representatives, c.q. negotiators, to shame by rejecting the deal they have closed in their name. Talking of treason!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top