Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 12:34 PM

Re: Quick Tasty Snacks

Originally Posted by lavander ->
toast with beans on top then a slice of cheese melted over..
Do you use a 'Toastie Sandwich maker' ........
George Foreman type gadget ......
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 10:18 AM

Welsh Rarebit or for something a little more substantial - a 'Buck' Rarebit - cheese on toast topped with poached eggs.
Markey
Kent, UK
Markey is female  Markey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 03:57 PM

Add grated cheese to raw egg, a dollop of mustard, few drops of Worcestershire sauce and black pepper, mix and spread thickly on toast and brown under the grill.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Markey ->
Add grated cheese to raw egg, a dollop of mustard, few drops of Worcestershire sauce and black pepper, mix and spread thickly on toast and brown under the grill.
Markey darlin' try adding just a couple of drops of malt vinegar to the mix too - gives it an added salty 'bite'.
Markey
Kent, UK
Markey is female  Markey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 04:32 PM

Thanks Uncle Joe, will do next time we have it for lunch.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 05:48 PM

toasted crumpets, with cheese on top, put back under grill to toast cheese then a dollop of Lidle sweet pickle, in fact................
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 08:49 PM

Oh I too love the beans on toast, with melted cheese. I sometimes put the whole lot under a grill, or sometimes I mix the cheese in with cold beans and microwave in a suitable saucepan, then pour the mixture onto the buttered toast. And deffo to cheese on crumpets.

My other favourite recipe is making up cheese sandwiches, then dipping into a beaten egg (seasoned, including onion powder, with a drop of milk), then frying them. Oh yum!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 12:10 AM

I am not a big fan of 'soggy' toast, oh sure enough, I love hot toast dripping in real butter, but hate it when the sauce from beans or spaghetti soak in and practically dissolves the toast. Then, many years ago I read on a tin of spaghetti, a hint to sprinkle cheese on top for added flavour, and wondered whether putting the cheese underneath would also solve the 'soggy' problem. Add to this the idea of cheese on top of spag.bol. And a family favourite was born viz. toasted cheese on toast with tinned spag.bol. on top (preferably Tesco's own, much nicer than the 57 sort).
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 07:35 AM

I normally put most of the beans beside the toast as I agree with you about soggy toast. And funny you should say about spag bol. That's what I ended up having last night on toast, as I thought I had a tin of ordinary spaghetti. So when I found the spag bol, stupidly I cooked some ordinary spaghetti before realising there was so much in the tin!

So had spag bol on toast (no, didn't enjoy it), and might put a little tin of tuna mayo in the cooked spag for lunch.

I'd had a McDonalds around 2.30 and anyway didn't get home from my jaunts till 6.15.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

I'd had a McDonalds around 2.30 and anyway didn't get home from my jaunts till 6.15.
Didn't get back until 6.15 do you mean am or pm. If pm then that's the time I'm starting to fall asleep !!!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top