Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 05:30 PM

Any recipe for homemade muesli bars?

I fancy a shot at making some muesli bars, using the commercially made cereal. I've had a look on the internet and it all seems easy enough. Has anybody here made any? Were they nice?

Thanks.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 06:26 PM

Re: Any recipe for homemade muesli bars?

Yes, we've been making them recently. They are lovely. Recipes vary greatly but we like lots of nuts and honey, rolled oats and seed in ours.
Guarantee you'll change the recipes to suit yourself, once you've had a go.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 11:51 PM

Hi Janet I have made a variation of these for the children adding chopped nuts and seeds and a layer of dates in the middle instead of jam.
http://timetocookonline.com/2011/11/...chy-oat-slice/

I didn't use a mixer preferring it chunky...
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 01:40 AM

Yes Jazzi, I make them all the time. Like the others I also change the mix around, sometimes using rolled oats (but don't use quick cooking oats) substituting Muesli Cereal , put dried cranberries, glace cherries cut up in chunks, apricots, peaches, apples, dates, love the nuts and seeds, coconut.

The list is endless. You just substitute the same quantities for something else to give them variety.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top