Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 08:16 PM

Re: Popcorn anyone?

If you click 'quote' you see the text .... it says 'jiffy pop'
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 08:24 PM

So it does ... thanks Rachel, I've never heard it called that before
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 08:51 PM

Seriously!? It's Jiffy Pop. Pop it on the stove. The popcorn pops in the foil.. tear it open, eat the corn and toss out the empty pan. How's that for Yankee ingenuity!!

AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
If you click 'quote' you see the text .... it says 'jiffy pop'
Pretty nifty.. huh? No mess.. no clean up.. It was all the rage when I was a kid. NOW we have the air-poppers.. I'm not sure they even make Jiffy pop any longer... I'll have to look.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Pretty nifty.. huh? No mess.. no clean up.. It was all the rage when I was a kid. NOW we have the air-poppers.. I'm not sure they even make Jiffy pop any longer... I'll have to look.

wow ~ interesting and a great idea except that you would forego the fun of watching it swell and bounce
AudreyII
USA

27-11-2013, 08:59 PM

Looks like they still make it!

http://www.conagrafoods.com/our-food...fy-pop-popcorn

With its self-contained stove-top popping pan, Jiffy Pop offers a fresh homemade taste that no microwave popcorn can match. Since 1959, Jiffy Pop has been perfected using the finest corn kernels to create the ultimate popping experience. It's as much fun to make as it is to eat.

LOOK!!! You can buy it on Amazon and free shipping to the UK!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_10k0rgd9gq_p
AudreyII
USA

27-11-2013, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
wow ~ interesting and a great idea except that you would forego the fun of watching it swell and bounce
I remember watching the foil bubble growing and growing and the muffled popping sound.. You just plunk the whole thing down on yer TV table and munch away..
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

27-11-2013, 09:02 PM

I enjoy watching it fling itself around ~ a bit like watching fleas bounce
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Seriously!? It's Jiffy Pop. Pop it on the stove. The popcorn pops in the foil.. tear it open, eat the corn and toss out the empty pan. How's that for Yankee ingenuity!!
Oh the Welsh were and are far more ingenious than that. For 100s of yrs - well since coal sacks - we Welsh would fill an empty coal sack with popcorn kernels and then stick that in the oven. Make enough to last a month in one go. You could always tell where the popcorn was made owing to the quality of the coal dust left in the sack that would be all over the popcorn making it absolutely delicious and extremely crunchy.

*snigger*
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

27-11-2013, 09:06 PM

Much the same as we English and our potato sacks.

It is entirely possible to distinguish a Maris Piper sack from a King Edward

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top