Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
endothermic
Oslo, Norway
endothermic is male 

20-11-2013, 08:25 AM

Re: Christmas is coming ....

Clumsy, that sounds like a fantastic Christmas, mine is very similar although on Christmas Eve it is just the family. On Christmas Day though we visit friends and will be over 16 people with children and grandchildren (not mine!). On the 27th, normally we have English Christmas food with between 16-20 people invited although this year we have decided to cut it down to a core group of between 6-8.

Christmas to me has always been about being with family and friends with great food and wine.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2013, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Me bustle?
Not really heard it called that before but you are def in the right ball park - hot .
Angelfire
South, USA
Angelfire is female  Angelfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2013, 07:28 AM

I have never eaten goose, don't know where I could even buy one. But, I would be willing to try it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Angelfire ->
I have never eaten goose, don't know where I could even buy one. But, I would be willing to try it.

Angel darlin' - goose is a very 'fatty' bird. My Sister and B-i-L bought one many years ago, but didn't take cogniscence of the size of the bird in comparison with the size of their oven - bird was too large to fit in, they had to carve it raw and cook itn in chunks.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 02:42 PM

My grandmother, being from Germany, always made a Christmas Goose.. So I like goose. BUT you have to like dark meat.. cuz that's all there is.. Yes geese are greasy, but grandma rendered the goose fat and used it for cooking and for spreading on rye bread.. like butter. I would make a goose for Christmas too.. but they are VERY expensive. I always hope one of hubbys relatives who like to hunt would get us one, but they don't share.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Me bustle?
What Mark is trying to say is that he's an AssMan.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2013, 05:33 PM

I like Goose. I've got two frozen ones in the chest freezer. I buy them at Christmas because they're readily available, but I won't be cooking them till Easter.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top