Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 09:14 AM

Re: What's the best drink for the holidays?

Lulu darlin' - how about a mulled cider with cloves, cinnamon and slices of apple floating in it???

My normal 'winter' drink (not heated though) is a Brandy Mac - Brandy with a Ginger Wine topper to it.

A glass of Port is also acceptable too, but again not heated because that will boil off the alcohol.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Lulu darlin' - how about a mulled cider with cloves, cinnamon and slices of apple floating in it???
I once tried some mulled wine at a shopping area called St Johns that had cinnamon and cloves in it (I love both of those spices) and it wasn't bad at all. Still wouldn't think of drinking it though on a regular basis - I'm still searching for that elusive 'come and drink me' drink (but it seems to be coffee that fits the bill).
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Warm beer, not for me. I will settle for a warm house, a cold drink that will warm me up from the inside.
Warm beer? I'm with you, yuk! Stubbies of icy cold Tooheys New straight from the fridge or esky on Christmas Day. All the family out on the verandah or playing on the lawn. Not a hot drink to be seen.

BBQ going full blast, prawns, snapper, snags, steaks onions, eggs, pineapple, salad and fresh rolls.

What could be better?

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Warm beer? I'm with you, yuk! Stubbies of icy cold Tooheys New straight from the fridge or esky on Christmas Day. All the family out on the verandah or playing on the lawn. Not a hot drink to be seen.

BBQ going full blast, prawns, snapper, snags, steaks onions, eggs, pineapple, salad and fresh rolls.

What could be better?

Roast Turkey, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, roast onions, roast carrots, steamed sprouts, steamed leeks and gravy, followed by Xmas pud and Brandy Sauce Bruce matey.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 05:24 PM

A glass of good Belgian Trappist beer or a German Hefeweizen.

Later on, a dram or two of 'The Glenlivit' 18 yo.
shazy
lancashire
shazy is female  shazy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 05:31 PM

A nice one is Hot Coffee Black
A shot of Vodka
A shot or 2 of Brandy
Float cream on top..
Very warming..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Roast Turkey, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, roast onions, roast carrots, steamed sprouts, steamed leeks and gravy, followed by Xmas pud and Brandy Sauce Bruce matey.
Too hot, far too many veggies! .... and only turkey? so tasteless, even in the days when I had a roast dinner it was duck or goose rather than turkey. Feed the man meat.

We will be having Christmas pudding and brandy that's for sure

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top