Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2014, 03:22 PM

Re: Evening snacks

I always have a bowl of mixed fruit in the house and if either of us feel snackish on an evening we will 'pick' at that.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2014, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Susie darlin' - suggestions yes, but mine are from healthy, like f'r instance biscuits, and sweeties or chocolate.
Yes but you are very naughty UJ, you know you shouldn't be eating those sweet things!!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2014, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I'm rather partial to Aldi's "Hand Cooked Cheese & Onion " crisps. They are large packets but one will last me 4 evenings. Unhealthy ? Yes, but, as they say, "A little of what you fancy does you good" !
Yes Alan, I get those crisps as well, but I've been told off by the Diabetic Nurse, as I buy big bags and eat the lot in one evening, so I am trying to avoid crisps.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

22-02-2014, 05:39 PM

Lately I have been having Carrot Sticks & Cucumber with a Low Fat Dip, but I'm getting a bit fed up with that. Fruit I always have but I have to watch the fruit with my Diabetes. Nuts and Seeds sounds quite good though.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2014, 08:13 PM

Oh yuck .... I don't like carrot, unless it's baked with a roast .
While hubby is snacking on cheese and biscuits, I've been eating pickled cucumbers but I prefer nuts and dried fruit.

My cousin buys mars bars, slices them as thinly as she can and freezes them..she says it stops her from eating a whole bar in one go.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 11:32 PM

Don't forget that while good for you in other ways, nuts are very high in calories. I hadn't realised how high till I googled it when I was trying to lose weight. About 600 calories per 100g - more than in a whole meal. Same with "dry" biscuits - 70 in every small water cracker. And I love both!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by jaywalker ->
Don't forget that while good for you in other ways, nuts are very high in calories. I hadn't realised how high till I googled it when I was trying to lose weight. About 600 calories per 100g - more than in a whole meal. Same with "dry" biscuits - 70 in every small water cracker. And I love both!
...yes nuts have a high calorie content but I learnt recently that with some nuts like almonds unless you grin them to a paste just chewing them leaves them in big pieces which pass through you without all the calories being absorbed
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 01:12 AM

Recently I have become almost addicted to Walkers newest snack, Sunbites, they are truly yummy, lower in fat than normal crisps, thin and crinkly whole grain squares. I generally have a pkt in bed whilst reading or playing solitaire before sleep.

Quite often will have a bowl of cornflakes with a banana and canderel before bed also.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Yes but you are very naughty UJ, you know you shouldn't be eating those sweet things!!

Susie darlin' - am a firm believer in: 'a little of what you fancy does you good'.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 12:11 PM

We have started having a snack in the evening whilst watching tele, because I am doing less hours at work we are having tea about 5 pm so a snack is a must.

Cannot say it is healthy though, either a cake bar or a bag of crisps (the tiny bags you get in multipacks).

Oops not helpful

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top