Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 09:18 AM

sorry guys it was healthy to eat these after all

http://www.salon.com/2014/02/21/7_fo...g_but_partner/
salt choccy fat, popcorn,eggs, whole milk, coffee...everything in moderation just like our grandma's used to say
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 09:23 AM

Re: sorry guys it was healthy to eat these after all

Originally Posted by seaspirit ->
http://www.salon.com/2014/02/21/7_fo...g_but_partner/
salt choccy fat, popcorn,eggs, whole milk, coffee...everything in moderation just like our grandma's used to say
Including moderation itself darlin'
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 09:30 AM

Grandma got it right, plenty of fruit and veg and a little bit of everything else.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Grandma got it right, plenty of fruit and veg and a little bit of everything else.

Yes Alan matey, but then that depends on what you determine to be 'a little bit'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 09:51 AM

Could have told them most of that years ago, it was only when I increased my egg consumption my cholesterol actually went down and two eggs at breakfast have helped me lose weight.

But I am finding myself doing it in secret fed up of the diabetic nurses lectures about the eggs killing me, like the weight wasn't going to do that I keep thinking.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 11:12 AM

Wayyaaaaayyy

POPCORN FTW (for the win) ...

Originally Posted by salon
Last year, researchers at the University of Scranton revealed that homemade popcorn has more antioxidants—known as polyphenols—than fruits and vegetables. Polyphenols have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and cancers.

If that isn’t enough to make popcorn addicts rejoice, popcorn is a great source of fiber (it’s a whole grain) and is low in calories. Air-popped popcorn is the healthiest of all, with only 30 calories per cup.
Mind you I have had to have a rethink with 2 chipped teef . I tend to suck em now .
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 11:44 AM

Don't you just love all these so called experts telling us all the time what is good for us and what is bad only to learn a couple of years later that they were wrong.

If its low fat its got extra sugar in, if it is sugar free it has got something else in.

I now take no notice and just go on as before.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 01:33 PM

I think many of us older people have enough common sense to work out for ourselves what is good or bad for us without the help of 'experts'
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

26-02-2014, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think many of us older people have enough common sense to work out for ourselves what is good or bad for us without the help of 'experts'

Yeah Meg darlin' - cakes, biscuits, chocolate, sweeties and booze.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 08:03 PM

If you were to take these chancers seriously you'd be terrified to eat anything and die a scared hungry miserable old git. Anything you eat or drink too much of is bad for you, common sense tells us that, nothing wrong with a little bit of what you fancy now and then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top