Join for free
Page 1645 of 1676 « First < 645 1145 1545 1595 1635 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1655 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 10:52 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Beauty Quark, is another theory about to be Ex Pounded, Pound For Pound theories are two a penny.
No doubt Spitty.

"Beauty quark - a quark with a charge of -1/3 and a mass about 10,000 times that of an electron
bottom quark
quark - (physics) hypothetical truly fundamental particle in mesons and baryons; there are supposed to be six flavors of quarks (and their antiquarks), which come in pairs; each has an electric charge of +2/3 or -1/3; "quarks have not been observed directly but theoretical predictions based on their existence have been confirmed experimentally"

I had to google that one Spitty.

God you’d need a quantum brain to figure out what all that means, way beyond me I’m afraid, Fruitcake is your man for all kinds of quarks, he’s got all the angles.

I never had an Anti Quark, although me granny had a hoarse duck with no legs that went around on it’s arse all day going “Quark quark”, maybe that was the first bottom quark?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 11:02 PM

Jembo, this maybe be controversial but if it ain't "Dark" it don't matter.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 11:24 PM

Well it didn’t matter any more to Buddy Holly, love that song, what a tragedy and he only in his early 20’s, he had great talent and foresight, such a lot of songwriting work covered in that short time, rest his soul.
----------
I’m writing a tale about my paternal grandfather, a terrible sloppy cranky ill mannered old man as I remember him when I was a child, how does this grab ya for an opening line Spitty?.

“He was sitting comfortably in his favourite armchair listening to the big Pye radio set on a shelf beside him, while at the same time trying to snare a stubborn snot with his little finger stuck up his left nostril”.

Delightful opening don’t you think, gives the reader a perfect mental image of the character right from the start, Albert Steptoe springs to mind at once, but when it comes to bad manners Albert hadn’t a patch on my grandad.

—————————

I’m lazy but I love studying quantum physics because there’s nothing to learn.

I lost my quantum computer!
I checked to see if it was on, and now I don't know where it is...

When I found it again there were two of them, one was outside on the window sill and another on the bedroom floor under a planck.

Amazing isn’t it, if we ever get the hang of quantum physics we’ll all go round the bend, it will change everything completely, like we could go walking down the street in our pelt and thinking we’re dressed to the nines, could be a lot of fun though.

“Whence come I and whither go I? That is the great unfathomable question, the same for every one of us. Science has no answer to it”. Max Planck.

Ain’t that the truth Max me lad.

“Max Karl Ernst Ludwig Planck, ForMemRS was a German theoretical physicist whose discovery of energy quanta won him the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918.” Wiki.

It seems there’s hope for us all, it just goes to prove that you can be as thick as a Planck and still win the Nobel Prize for physics.

Nothing is everything, and I got plenty of nothing.

Now for the quantum physic scientists international anthem sung by Francis (Fanny) Sinatra.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 11:37 PM

I got plenty o nuttin one night, it was not justified but it happened, these things happen when you have no choice but to mix, Dolly mixtures are great fun, Geezer mixtures are unpredictable, bit like quarks.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

24-03-2021, 11:42 PM

Edited, system just quarked.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

25-03-2021, 11:32 PM

"I just got quarked!" he remarked.

I mentioned recently that I’d jump at the chance of having a covid 19 jab.
We both miss the grandkids terribly especially the youngest (8), they say they miss us too so it’s only fair to avail of it when it comes around.

“Well what’d ya know” as our American friends might say, there was I not expecting to have my vaccine shot until God knows when, then suddenly the wife gets a phone call from our doctor asking her could she and meself make it up the his surgery in half an hour as he had a few jabs left and had to use them up, this was at 6.30. pm.

I needn’t tell you we were up there sitting and waiting in twenty minutes flat, in and out like Flynn, except for the compulsory 15 minutes wait before you leave.

It’s the Pfizer one too and the next shot is in four weeks time, so far so good.

“To ward of the covid infection
One needs some kind of protection
So don’t be off put, get offa your butt
Go out and have the injection”.

Talking of injections, our dog Rocky stood on something sharp in the garden yesterday, he was whining and limping about so I took him to the vet who’s just up the road from me, the vet examined his paw carefully and found a tiny splinter of glass in it which he removed, then he gave him an injection in the leg to prevent infection.
He’s back to himself today running through the park when I took him out.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

25-03-2021, 11:46 PM

Should one have a jab, on the spur of the moment, best ask the gypsy king and the guy in the advert in six months time.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

27-03-2021, 11:12 PM

Opportunity only knocks once Spitty, so don’t ask who’s there, just grab a jab and hope for the best.

Just looked at me vaccine card, my final shot is due on April 22, I’m impressed they are not waiting 12 weeks as some countries are, that would be half the Summer gone waiting, well done our HSE, Pfizer said four weeks on the tin and four weeks it is here, always read the instructions carefully as the man says.

What’s the procedure when a long long ship turns sideways in a big canal effectively blocking it?

Don’t know? well your not alone, neither does anyone else its seems, five days have passed now with 200 other ships lined up behind it awaiting to get through and the sideways ship is still sideways, now they reckon it’ll takes weeks to right the ship, and it’s costing 400 million an HOUR according to the BBC news, although I find that hard to believe.

It beggars belief they couldn’t foresee something like this happening and hadn’t a plan to deal with it. If it don’t move with the next spring tide they’ll be in the manure business for sure.

I read that it was a ’gust of wind’ in a sand storm that caused of all this, the captain couldn’t see where he was going, what happened to all the modern technical back up to guide him?

I mean even boy scouts have the motto “Be prepared”, maybe they have more sense than all the worlds nautical experts?

Now we can all look forward to huge price increases in oil and everything else we import, just the tonic we all needed to cheer us up, never rains but it pours.

Experts me arse, all the real experts are long dead if you ask me, now if Stephenson or Brunel, to name but two, were alive today that ship would have arrived at it’s destination by now, good old fashioned logical brainwork is badly lacking here.

In my most humble opinion, the logical thing would have been not to allow any ship through the canal that isn’t capable of turning around in it, they have already widened the canal a few times, perhaps they could widen the ships and not have them “The length of 4 football pitches”, back to the drawing board lads and multiply the length by the breadth as our old maths teacher used to say, you’re bound to come up with something sensible, or so I’m told, maths are alien to me.

“A boat got stuck up the Suez
True, cos It’s been on the news.
A sand storm breeze, brought the ship to it’s knees
Now the Captain is singing the blues’.

What they really need at this critical time is my big brother Sylvest, he has a row of forty medals on his chest for ingenuity and bravery, big man strong as an Ox, hellfire when he gets going.

Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 01:23 AM

Ah well, I can tell you a story of a bogey hunt up the nose.

We had a number of CCTV safety cameras dotted around the test facilities to spot for leaks and fires and things breaking free, and other hazards.

One day we had a visit, which was not uncommon. We got visits from other departments within the manufactory, and visits from without including air forces from around the world. I had my picture taken with one not very well known bunch of chaps called the Red Arrows.
On this occasion there was a mixed group of men and women, one of whom was extremely attractive.
One of my colleagues got on the pan and tilt camera controls, then zoomed in on the lady in question.
Suddenly all the men nearby started to make derogatory comments ... as she buried her forefinger two knuckles deep up her nose.
Suddenly she did not seem to be quite so attractive to my colleagues.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

28-03-2021, 10:36 PM

Funny how catching someone picking their nose is a right turn off Fruity, it’s the natural thing to do when your nose is blocked, yet it’s a repulsive sight. That and dirty fingernails, especially on women. are two of my no no’s.

Every time I’ve finished shaving and I reach out for me Old Spice aftershave I think of that Yugoslvian leader Slobodan Milosevic, he was forever in the news back in the 90’s, his first name always sounded to me like ’Slob-it-on’, and it has stayed with me all those years, more so when I’m applying aftershave lotion and paint.

When I’ve shaved, I then proceed to slob on the aftershave, I don’t splash it on like Henry Cooper used to in that old ad, nor do I dab in on like a woman’s power puff, so to me slobbing it on is like hitting a drunken spiritualist (striking a happy medium) between splash and dab, total equality is a big issue nowadays, especially since some women started shaving, well it was bound to happen eventually once they started doing their legs and other parts.
I blame Gillette when they first began advertising little dainty pink “Ladies razors” back in the 60’s, but that’s a sensitive story for another day, preferably when the World has healed and folks are in better humour.

I’m also a very messy painter and inclined to slob the paint on whatever I’m painting, slobbing is much more fun than having to be careful don’t you think, it could be a door or a wall for example, and once I commence my vigorous slobbing the thing is ruined, but then it’s only a door or a wall, and what are they in the great plan of things I ask myself, and the missus, but she never sees things in the same light for some reason.

I have to do this on the quiet because when the wife spots me with a paint brush in hand she has a canary and shouts out “Milosevic! stop slobbing on that paint!”
Then she dashes out to grab the pot of paint off me, the phantom painter strikes again type of thing. She’s a much better painter than me, she tackles the job as if it were the ceiling of the Sistine chapel she was painting, whereas to me paint is just paint, boring old stuff really.

I wonder how Slobodan Milosevic used to paint his doors and walls, ah well he’s dead now and whether he’s in heaven of hell the last thing on his mind would be painting walls.

I'm curious, has anybody ever painted a masterpiece while sitting or even standing in the bath?

Page 1645 of 1676 « First < 645 1145 1545 1595 1635 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1655 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top