Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 01:34 PM

Re: The Assassination Letter (Vote of no confidence for May)

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I can only reiterate what Realist and JB have already said....

I was so disappointed to learn of Theresa May's success in fending off her vote of no confidence. What ever happened to the words:- "Brexit means Brexit"...? For the past couple of years, Mrs May and her advisers have been pussy footing around trying to give us the impression that we were leaving the EU, when in reality this was never the intention, just a massive deflection exercise to pacify the masses.

I was about to say that Mrs May has sold us down the river, but you have to own something in order to sell it, and it was never hers to sell. Britain has belonged to the EU for many years and it's tentacles have penetrated all of our lives.
I doubt we could survive without it now......

Big business has won the day, money talks, and many a good politician has succumbed to its temptation, but to the common working class people of Britain you have lost your country and everything it stood for....Freedom and Democracy...

We are to become a very small cog in the EU's gearbox where money is the oil...
I hate to say it, but my future vote will go to the BNP.....I am a British National and my vote will demonstrate that fact. The time for discussion is over.....
I doubt if I've ever read such tripe!

You and your fellow extreme brexiteers remind me of spoilt children stamping your feet in a tantrum because you can't get your own way. Most of us grown ups recognise the need for compromise and the need to maintain relationships, rather than burn your bridges out of nothing more than your fantasy "principle" which has the potential to destroy the livelihoods of others. Sticking two fingers up to our neighbours and waving goodbye is not, as you would believe, what most of us Brexiteers would wish for.

The PM's deal gets us most of what we wanted but not all, that is the nature of negotiation but what we do get is a stepping stone to where we want to be without too much of a risk to business, industry and the livelihoods of thousands. Not so much wrong with that in my book...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 01:39 PM

Even JRM has said there are lots of good things in the deal. It's the backstop that is contentious. So that needs to be sorted.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I doubt if I've ever read such tripe!

You and your fellow extreme brexiteers remind me of spoilt children stamping your feet in a tantrum because you can't get your own way. Most of us grown ups recognise the need for compromise and the need to maintain relationships, rather than burn your bridges out of nothing more than your fantasy "principle" which has the potential to destroy the livelihoods of others. Sticking two fingers up to our neighbours and waving goodbye is not, as you would believe, what most of us Brexiteers would wish for.

The PM's deal gets us most of what we wanted but not all, that is the nature of negotiation but what we do get is a stepping stone to where we want to be without too much of a risk to business, industry and the livelihoods of thousands. Not so much wrong with that in my book...
Not to worry.

There's a very good chance that the Loony party will be in government in a few years, so you should be happy.

Unlike you I have no offspring so when the entire country goes tits-up we have no worries personally.

A shame that the country will quite possibly become a lot poorer and national debt will increase. I wonder how happy about that your children will be.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 03:42 PM

Most of us grown ups recognise the need for compromise and the need to maintain relationships, rather than burn your bridges out of nothing more than your fantasy "principle" which has the potential to destroy the livelihoods of others. Sticking two fingers up to our neighbours and waving goodbye is not, as you would believe, what most of us Brexiteers would wish for.
Sorry Barry but the referendum options were extremely clear, Leave or Stay. There's no compromise to be had in that situation. It is a binary decision. IN or OUT.

The levels of grey you refer to, the compromises, exist only in the fantasies of Remainers minds. You can not LEAVE the EU and remain IN it.

You need to face up to that singular concept. Leave means Leave. Out of the EU. Not in it.

As a result there can be no deal agreed which doesn't see us Leave the EU.

May's currently tabled "deal" sees us Remain in the EU. It is therefore by definition, traitorous, undemocratic and an absolute travesty to UK politics.

And by the way, those people who voted LEAVE have every right to stamp up and down and demand that our government delivers that result. Failing that those 17 million people have every right to hop on trains, planes and buses to London and go storm Westminster because this IS (or should be) a democratic country and currently Westminster's actions are all undemocratic. This is a war by any other name. It is the abolishment of democracy by a bunch of EU stooge politicians.

Those 17m people absolutely should go and storm Westminster if this government persists with its current traitorous course of action. What are they going to do? Start shooting 17m people who simply stand up for democracy?!!!

The PM's deal gets us most of what we wanted but not all, that is the nature of negotiation
Absolute hogwash.

The referendum wasn't a bloody shopping list of wants and needs to be negotiated. It was a binary decision. Leave or Stay. In or Out.

We voted Leave.

So Leave we must.

There's NOTHING to be negotiated on that specific issue. We MUST leave the EU.

You can negotiate anything else to your hearts content but what you can't do is negotiate whether we leave or don't leave. The people voted to Leave.

What we are currently seeing is a comical and deliberately orchestrated string of events and milestones which are a wilful attempt to ignore and overturn that democratic referendum result. Those involved in those actions should be put on trial.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I hate to say it, but my future vote will go to the BNP.....I am a British National and my vote will demonstrate that fact. The time for discussion is over.....
Sorry to break it to you but the BNP is an EU stooge party as well.

https://eutruth.org.uk/

"If you vote Conservative, Labour, Lib-Dem or the BNP, you'll be voting for the EU dictatorship. All national party leaderships are EU controlled. That's why your vote doesn't make a difference - all these parties have the same policies: the EU's policies.

The 17 most senior politicians in the Conservative, Lib Dem and Labour parties, including Ken Clarke, Francis Maude, Cameron, William Hague, George Osborne, Nick Clegg, Brown, David and Ed Milliband, Ed Balls, Peter Mandleson are Bilderbergers, the 140 strong band of ultra senior Freemasons who are bribed by the EU to build the EU dictatorship.

No Bilderberger, Freemason or Common Purpose graduate should ever be allowed to hold public office.

UKIP and the BNP are honeytraps to neutralise activists: UKIP is riddled with Freemasons and Common Purpose like a cancer, and the BNP controlled by the Edgar Griffin (father) and son Nick Freemasonry family. The 350,000 freemasons and the 40,000 strong Common Purpose Organisation are the (mostly unknowing) footsoldiers of the EU in Britain. (Which makes the BNP the easiest party to clean up - get rid of the Griffins, and put in a real anti-EU leadership.)"
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Sorry Barry but the referendum options were extremely clear, Leave or Stay. There's no compromise to be had in that situation. It is a binary decision. IN or OUT.

The levels of grey you refer to, the compromises, exist only in the fantasies of Remainers minds. You can not LEAVE the EU and remain IN it.

You need to face up to that singular concept. Leave means Leave. Out of the EU. Not in it.

As a result there can be no deal agreed which doesn't see us Leave the EU.

May's currently tabled "deal" sees us Remain in the EU. It is therefore by definition, traitorous, undemocratic and an absolute travesty to UK politics.

And by the way, those people who voted LEAVE have every right to stamp up and down and demand that our government delivers that result. Failing that those 17 million people have every right to hop on trains, planes and buses to London and go storm Westminster because this IS (or should be) a democratic country and currently Westminster's actions are all undemocratic. This is a war by any other name. It is the abolishment of democracy by a bunch of EU stooge politicians.

Those 17m people absolutely should go and storm Westminster if this government persists with its current traitorous course of action. What are they going to do? Start shooting 17m people who simply stand up for democracy?!!!

Absolute hogwash.

The referendum wasn't a bloody shopping list of wants and needs to be negotiated. It was a binary decision. Leave or Stay. In or Out.

We voted Leave.

So Leave we must.

There's NOTHING to be negotiated on that specific issue. We MUST leave the EU.

You can negotiate anything else to your hearts content but what you can't do is negotiate whether we leave or don't leave. The people voted to Leave.

What we are currently seeing is a comical and deliberately orchestrated string of events and milestones which are a wilful attempt to ignore and overturn that democratic referendum result. Those involved in those actions should be put on trial.
Millions of us voted leave and we all had a different idea of what that would mean. For me I wanted to remain friends with Europe but not be ruled by them, which the deal on offer pretty much gives me over time. Personally I don't want to go storming off in a huff but I want to leave in a way that causes minimum disruption to the country. Don't assume everyone wants the same as you and don't bother including me or millions like me in your plans. Continue with your hissy fit if you must, but just include us out...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 05:03 PM

Millions of us voted leave and we all had a different idea of what that would mean. For me I wanted to remain friends with Europe but not be ruled by them, which the deal on offer pretty much gives me over time. Personally I don't want to go storming off in a huff but I want to leave in a way that causes minimum disruption to the country. Don't assume everyone wants the same as you and don't bother including me or millions like me in your plans. Continue with your hissy fit if you must, but just include us out...
Do you really believe that (emboldened) statement?

The ECJ and the EU leaders will continue to have control over us for some years and, more than likely, for ever.

Of course, you won't believe that is the case so all I can say is wait until May's so-called 'deal' is put in place and then bide your time until she has assured us we will finally leave the EU, then see what has actually happened.

It will be too late by then, though, not that I care any more. I realise that we have now lost - despite having won the referendum vote!
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 05:48 PM

From a proud remainer
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 05:49 PM

Well I thought it was a clear in or out as did many I thought. Barry is first person I've heard thought it meant anything different.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

13-12-2018, 09:22 PM

Millions of us voted leave and we all had a different idea of what that would mean. For me I wanted to remain friends with Europe but not be ruled by them, which the deal on offer pretty much gives me over time.
Your personal interpretations of what you want or don't want are nothing but deluded fantasies. They have nothing to do with the referendum decision.

The choice was Leave the EU or Stay in the EU.

Clear, simple, unambiguous, a binary decision.

Your talk of compromises and "I'll have a bit of this but not a bit of that" is utter tripe. It's all Remainer fantasy.

The referendum didn't ask us which bits of the EU we liked or didn't like, it didn't ask us whether we wanted to be in or out of a customs union, or whether we wanted a "backstop" or not.

All of this is nothing but EU propaganda BS.

The choice was Leave the EU or Stay in the EU.

The majority voted to leave.

Therefore that is what we should now be doing. Leave, out, no longer in the EU.

Everything that is currently happening is thoroughly undemocratic, a total betrayal of the democratic process. We have a government controlled by the EU undertaking actions to ensure we remain in the EU despite the majority of the country voting to Leave the EU.

It is a total travesty and highlights that we are now a part of a totalitarian dictatorship.

Anyone who supports this nonsense really has no place in the UK. They should be moving off to EU controlled countries.

Here, we need to seize back control of our country, restore the democratic process and our constitution and put on trial all those who have committed treason.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top