Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 01:55 PM

Re: Islam in the news for the right reasons.

No it's not like that but isn't the hateful thread about Muslims enough could we not just have one where people are more reasoned ? wouldn't matter to me what people we are talking about no room for the positives about them leaves hate hate and more hate I don't like hating anyone.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 02:08 PM

Who hates them?
No one is suggesting lining them up and shooting or stoning them. Expressing doubt or wariness or a dislike of some of their practices isn't hate.
As a westernised emancipated (and emaciated) piglet I don't agree with their religion ... too restrictive and often demeaning but I accept it is their chosen way.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Who hates them?
No one is suggesting lining them up and shooting or stoning them. Expressing doubt or wariness or a dislike of some of their practices isn't hate.
As a westernised emancipated (and emaciated) piglet I don't agree with their religion ... too restrictive and often demeaning but I accept it is their chosen way.
I was raised not to hate anyone but you can hate their ways, that's not racist. Each to their own has it's limits, I reckon, and when it begins to threaten our way of life, something has to be done.
There are a great many peace loving Muslims and I don't worry about those - the extremists are another matter entirely and are a worry.

There's room for us all on this planet - just!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 02:19 PM

Look again at the original post why did that need to lead to this ? Can you not see how inappropriate some of what is being said is ? Some of the language has been filled with hate.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 02:27 PM

[QUOTE=Julie1962;720104]So because people know no other life we cannot help them ? I will remember that next time I hear of a child being abused no need to help they know no better or starving people in places of drought etc just leave them they know no better QUOTE

Julie, I am rather shocked to read that you don't even agree with Morticia and at least criticise those illegal immigrants who were in possession of a handgun and SHOT AT two people who were trying to help apprehend them!! Just what will it take to convince you that it is wrong for anyone, let alone Muslims carrying weapons that kill, to sneak into this country and then shoot at someone??????
It does rather make one wonder how many other illegals have brought illegal weapons along with their illegal selves - into this country? very worrying indeed!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 02:28 PM

Julie ... I respect your view and presume the sentiment is returned.
I'm not going to dicker with you. I'll just refrain from replying to your posts. Anything for an easy life.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 02:40 PM

It isn't the religion that is the problem, it is the way the leaders of that religion control it's followers. Sharia law has nothing to do with religion, it is the way they demean women and make them second class citizens, or persuade young men that Allah will reward them if they give their lives for him , as a suicide bombers. I don't care what others believe, because it is their choice, but I do not want them bringing those kind of ideas into my country. Every Muslim cannot be evil, but when I see them throwing food and water back at the helpers in European countries who are providing it, strongly demonstrating because the people who are helping them cannot take them to the countries they want to go to and being downright rude to the many people who are trying to help them I tend to think that these are not people who have anything to offer to Europe. If there were just a few thousand I am sure we could integrate them into our communities but, with the amount that are flooding in it will not be the Muslim cultures that change, it will be those of the European people, and nobody in these discussions had yet said anything that will make me believe otherwise.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

13-10-2015, 02:42 PM

[QUOTE=shropshiregirl;720235]
Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
So because people know no other life we cannot help them ? I will remember that next time I hear of a child being abused no need to help they know no better or starving people in places of drought etc just leave them they know no better QUOTE

Julie, I am rather shocked to read that you don't even agree with Morticia and at least criticise those illegal immigrants who were in possession of a handgun and SHOT AT two people who were trying to help apprehend them!! Just what will it take to convince you that it is wrong for anyone, let alone Muslims carrying weapons that kill, to sneak into this country and then shoot at someone??????
It does rather make one wonder how many other illegals have brought illegal weapons along with their illegal selves - into this country? very worrying indeed!
Did Morticia acknowledge the original post and say how wonderful that story was ? although I am shocked anyone would try to suggest I agreed with violence, I think sometimes things don't need agreeing with if they are so obviously abhorrent. I am least shocked it's you suggesting I agreed with them though as that seems quite consistent.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

13-10-2015, 02:46 PM

Just a minute Julie ...
Did Morticia acknowledge the original post and say how wonderful that story was ?

Why? Should I have done?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

13-10-2015, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Just a minute Julie ...
Did Morticia acknowledge the original post and say how wonderful that story was ?

Why? Should I have done?
Not if you didn't want to as I didn't have to answer yours when I didn't feel I needed to, you need to address the question to SSgirl as she is the one suggesting unless we answer every post we must be saying something nasty.

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top