Join for free
Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 05:17 PM

Re: The worst food you have ever consummed

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
My mum tried all sorts of techniques to get to me to take it. She'd dip bread into it and give me that. Then she bought the sweet orange version which was even worse because you get that yukky rancid fish kick over the sweetness. It's like being cheated. I used to have to take a whole tablespoon. But at least we must all have nice strong bones now!

I would have had a thrashing if I hadn't taken the ghastly stuff.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 05:30 PM

I recall ordering a grilled cheese sandwich in Toronto, on The Danforth, back in the sixties, in a Chinese restaurant... OMG...it was putrid. I didn't complain because I just wanted to get out of there and go home. I felt so nauseous on the streetcar & bus...and once home I threw up...YUK and double YUK!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 05:39 PM

Biltong, dried meat yuk!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 05:42 PM

Hi

My mother used to put everything in a pressure cooker, often with beetroot, so purple grey potatoes.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 06:09 PM

Bubble an Squeak, spawn of Beelzebub.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 06:44 PM

Went to an Italian restaurant and ordered Pizza. It was a thin crust and cooked so long I couldn't get a knife in it to cut into slices. If I had picked it up off the plate and dropped it on the floor it would have broken the tiled floor.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 07:18 PM

Had fresh unpasteurised milk once, we were camping and assured it was pretty special. Three days I was sick after that. Yuk it tasted awful too.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 07:26 PM

I had the pleasure of an intestine sandwich in Istanbul , I threw it on the ground for a passing which took one sniff and left it I was not sure what it was when buying it from a street vendor, also got a plate of gelatine at a buffet in China, lovely
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Had fresh unpasteurised milk once, we were camping and assured it was pretty special. Three days I was sick after that. Yuk it tasted awful too.
Julie darlin', you were very lucky you didn't contract TB from drinking that, my sister contracted TB through contaminated milk and spent 18 months in a sanatorium.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Julie darlin', you were very lucky you didn't contract TB from drinking that, my sister contracted TB through contaminated milk and spent 18 months in a sanatorium.
Me and my brother and sister were brought on a croft in the forties and fifties and we used nothing else. We made our own cheese and butter. No electricity so no fridge or freezer. Also water had to be pumped from a well. I don't recall any serious illnesses when we were young.

Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top