Join for free
Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2020, 05:20 PM

Re: Continue the Story.

Neatly rounded off there Cherie. 👍 I did start a fast fiction thread way back but the discipline of writing to an approximate number of words to a suggested theme didn’t quite go as I hoped. May try again
Cherie B
Oxfordshire
Cherie B is female  Cherie B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 09:30 PM

Hi Tezza, nice to hear from you again, hope all's well with you.I didn't mean to write so much but Swannie, who was taking turns with the writing, suddenly disappeared from the Over 50's so I finished the story and really enjoyed it.It would be great if you wanted to join me in creating a new story but , if not, then why not try it again!
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 09:08 AM

Having done several follow on stories on different sites I’ve found that keeping to an approximate number of words per post can be difficult as it’s easy to get carried away. 😃 I’ve found that around 100 to 150 max usually keeps things flowing. Starting another one is fine with me, just get my thinking head on. 👋
Tezza
Kent

27-08-2020, 05:19 PM

Feeling the urge to stretch his legs, mark eased himself from his seat and made his way to the gap between the carriages. Shame you can’t open the windows, he thought to himself, as he stared at the countryside almost silently speeding by. Being a bit of a train buff he well remembered the clicketty clack of the old style trains with the slam doors and the drop down windows you could hang your head out and feel the air rushing by. Sensing he wasn’t alone, he turned, to see a smartly dressed woman leaning against the opposite doors with both hands clasped to her stomach, “Are you okay ?” He ventured, feeling concerned that something was amiss.
Cherie B
Oxfordshire
Cherie B is female  Cherie B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 09:38 PM

"Well I'm not really sure"she said,"I didn't feel that well when I woke up this morning but this is one trip I had to make" Mark pushed open the carriage communicating door saying,"Look, why don't you come and sit down, there's even a couple of empty seats waiting for us" The woman smiled and sat down beside Mark who promptly introduced himself.She smoothed down her skirt and Mark noted that the tweed suit she wore was of a very expensive cut, her face was flawlessly made-up and her perfume was simply beautiful.
"My name is Louise Meadows"she said and held out her hand to shake Mark's proffered palm, it was then that he noticed a wedding ring amongst the collection of rings that she wore.
Tezza
Kent

28-08-2020, 11:58 AM

There was a slight pause in the conversation as mark held her hand for a little longer than he intended. It had been many months since he had had any meaningful contact with a woman, not since his acrimonious divorce after some twenty years of marriage. He had, without realising it, become a bit of a recluse and had thrown himself into his work as the chief scientist at a top secret arms establishment, a high powered position that meant only those with the need to know knew his real name. He had traveled this route to a little town called Stonehaven in the West Country many times to see his daughter and grandson and spend a quiet weekend and get some relief from the pressures of work. Although this journey in essence was no different to the others , somewhere in his mind a little switch sent a cold shiver through his body....
Cherie B
Oxfordshire

28-08-2020, 09:35 PM

Mark reluctantly released Louise's hand,"Do you have far to go"he asked her,"Well, I'm not that sure really, I've never been there before.It's a village called Stonehaven" Mark looked up at her in surprise,"Stonehaven,"he repeated,"Well it must be my lucky day because that's where I'm heading .I'm off to stay with my daughter and grandson.How about you are you visiting family?" Louise shook her head,"No, far from it.I'm actually going for a job interview with a man called Emmett Coyle""Why isn't he the writer of those crime stories?"asked Mark "I'd heard he lives somewhere in the village.You're not going to help him write them are you?""Not exactly,"said Louise,"Now his eyes are failing he needs a proofreader come live in housekeeper and that's the job I'm going after".
Tezza
Kent

29-08-2020, 03:20 PM

Recalling his first meeting with Louise, Mark doubted he would ever have thought of her as a housekeeper, or come to that a proof reader. The expensively cut clothes and her general demeanour put her in the upper echelons of society, and it hadn’t escaped his notice that her jewellery wasn’t purchased in your local high street shop.” I know of Emmett but I just can’t recall any of his novels, have you read any of his books Louise.” Queried Mark. The wrinkled brow and half closed eyelids as she struggled for an answer to a perfectly simple question, plus the absence of any discomfort from the pain she claimed she had earlier gave Mark the eerie feeling this meeting was not accidental......
Cherie B
Oxfordshire

29-08-2020, 05:39 PM

"Not one, I'm afraid"replied Louise,"I answered his add inThe Lady Magazine and since the break-up of my marriage, I wanted to get right away from all the unhappiness that split has caused me" "I completely understand,"followed on Mark,"I'm sorry to say that my divorce was an angry and bitter afair too" "Do you still communicate with your ex?", ventured Louise."I'd like to say no", said Mark,"but sharing a daughter and a grandson sometimes makes that necessary" Louise nodded her head in agreement and declared that she was off to powder her nose, leaving Mark with mixed emotions about his companion. He still had the feeling that she was not the genuine article, but while he puzzled over what he knew about her he heard that the train had almost reached it's journey's end.He raised up his arm ready to take his case from the rack just as Louise reappeared.
Tezza
Kent

30-08-2020, 04:22 PM

“Sit down Mark” said Louise with a break in her voice “I’m so sorry but this meeting was no accident, and I am not unwell and owe you an explanation , my real name is Louise Coyle and Emmett is my father, he has been unwell, hence my visit, I knew you would be traveling this weekend because your PA is a good friend of mine and she let it slip she had a free weekend because her boss was going to Stonehaven, so I put two and two together and all I had to do was wait on the platform till you showed up. We met briefly a few months back at a conference and it was there I decided I would like to invite you to join my company. We need a new scientific advisor as ours is retiring. My aim was to invite you to my fathers home where we could talk undisturbed and get to know each other better”. Mark stayed silent for a few moments his mind racing. “Okay Louise “ said Mark with a broad grin on his face,”I will accept your invitation, and I have a feeling this could be a good weekend.” Louise smiled back and slipped the wedding ring she had removed while absent into her pocket. The end.

Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top