Join for free
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2009, 10:05 PM

Blanche in Corrie died

Isn't it a shame about Blanche in Coronation Street dying. She'll be very missed. She used to have us in stitches with the things she would come out with in the programme. Such a shame
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2009, 10:59 PM

Re: Blanche in Corrie died

Was sad to hear this on the news-she will be missed. She always brought a smile to my face with her antics........
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2009, 11:29 PM

Brilliant Actress.....Very funny too, will miss her on Corrie............
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2009, 12:46 PM

I was really sad when I heard this, she was my favourite character, she used to have some wonderful lines.
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2009, 12:06 AM

Will be a big gap. She was hilarious - she had great lines, well done those scriptwriters. The way she delivered some of those one liners was classic

courtesy of the Mail.

• Telling Liz McDonald off for leaving her washing all over the sitting room in Ken Barlow’s house: ‘Kenneth doesn’t want to stare at thongs all day. The man’s an intellectual!’

• On Liz McDonald: ‘Skirt no bigger than a belt, too much eyeliner, and roots as dark as her soul!’

• As Deirdre rejects the proposal of Ken, who had got down on one knee: 'Well if you leave it much longer he won’t be able to get up again!’

• On men’s fashion: ‘I don’t have any truck with tank tops. They’re unmanly.’

• To Deirdre: ‘Good looks are a curse. You and Ken should count yourselves lucky.’

• To Ken when he spots her watching daytime TV: ‘Don’t worry, it’s only Jeremy Kyle, I’ve more or less been living that show this year.’

• To Steve McDonald: ‘That’s the second fiancée to chuck that ring away. You’d be better off buying a boomerang!’

• To her daughter, Deirdre Barlow: ‘You need to learn to enjoy other people’s misfortune; otherwise you’re going to have a very unhappy old age.’

• To Norris Cole, who has just denounced speed bumps as ‘ugly and unattractive’: ‘So are you, but at least they have some use.’

• Deirdre: ‘If you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all.’ Blanche: ‘I think I’ll go home then.’

• To Emily Bishop, who was reminiscing about their childhood and wishing 'I was three again': 'Oh yes.. rickets, TB, rationing, those were the days.'
Katiecoos
New Member!
Chatham UK
Katiecoos is female 

10-12-2009, 08:53 PM

Yes quite agree she was one of the funniest characters in the programme.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 01:42 AM

I have been a Corrie fan for years. And am able to watch current episodes via a very nice person's blog.
I couldn't believe it when I heard about Blanche/Maggie. I always looked forward to her cutting one-liners. She will be greatly missed.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top