Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 12:45 AM

Tom Hanks film

Anyone ever seen that Tom Hanks film "The Green Mile"?
What did you think of it?

It was on Film 4 late tonight. Certainly different it was.
I enjoyed it though, but I like Tom Hanks anyway.

I cried when they put that huge black man in the electric chair, it was so sad.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 03:41 AM

Re: Tom Hanks film

It's a classic film, Mups.
I don't think Tom Hanks has made a bad film to be honest
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 06:33 AM

Tom Hanks truly one of the best actors on the planet at this present time, cant say i've ever seen a bad TH film and the Green Mile is a classic,
Castaway is a favourite of mine also Saving Private Ryan... brilliant.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 07:09 AM

I agree, Tom Hanks doesn't seem to have made any flops. He also seems to be a really unassuming nice man and very un-starry.

Love the Green Mile but it's difficult to watch some scenes.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 09:21 AM

I watched this many years ago, a harrowing film at times but well worth a watch. I agree with the others though, Tom Hanks has never really made a bad film. One I enjoyed recently of his was Captain Phillips about a ship hijacking by Somali pirates which was very good indeed.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 09:27 AM

I watched almost all of it last night for the first time and was really enjoying it but was tired after a busy day so had to go to bed. I will watch the end another time though.

I have to agree about Tom Hanks being one of the best actors around. I think in years to come he will be regarded as one of the classic actors of his time..

My favourite Hanks film is Apollo 13.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 09:31 AM

I watched again last night too Mups .
I have seen it at least four times and every time I see something I missed before .
A great film one of Tom Hanks best showing him and David Morse as the humane prison guards .
I was surprised to see that the electric chair is still in use in some states although prisoners can elect to die by lethal injection .
(What a horrific invention and how many poor innocent animals were used in its development .)
I also like Tom Hanks in Forest Gump and who ever can forget Saving Private Ryan .
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 09:42 AM

I too am a fan of Tom Hanks, but was very disappointed last week with the film "Circle". He only had a small role in this with the main character played by Emma Watson (of Harry Potter fame), the acting and storyline was very poor and I most certainly would not recommend this film. A shame, as I chose it simply because of the cast.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 10:01 AM

I liked Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan. The opening scene where the American soldiers under heavy fire take the beach was amazing.

Spoiler Alert. Longdogs don't read further as you haven't seen the end of the film yet.

I also liked the Green Mile and was glad the young cruel prison guard got his comeuppance, rather than working in the mental institution was a patient there.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 10:03 AM

That opening scene was breath taking .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top