Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 10:09 AM

Re: Tom Hanks film

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I liked Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan. The opening scene where the American soldiers under heavy fire take the beach was amazing.

Spoiler Alert. Longdogs don't read further as you haven't seen the end of the film yet.

I also liked the Green Mile and was glad the young cruel prison guard got his comeuppance, rather than working in the mental institution was a patient there.
Thanks MC but for some reason, I already know the full story. I must have seen certain clips which gave it away.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 10:11 AM

I think his forte is playing interesting roles rather than glamorous ones. He's got that kind of lived-in face that lends itself to diversity. With someone like George Clooney you can never forget that it's him playing someone else because of his pretty looks, if that makes sense. Hanks just seems to absorb each character.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 10:40 AM

A beautiful film on so many levels.. I've seen it so often yet it never looses it's charm.. Bit like Tom Hanks really!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 10:43 AM

Has anyone seen Sully: Miracle on the Hudson?

Another great performance by Hanks and directed by Clint Eastwood.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 10:48 AM

Yes,seen Sully,he was good in that too.Haven't seen Captain Phillips yet,will catch it on Netflix.Loved him in Big.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-07-2017, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
Yes,seen Sully,he was good in that too.Haven't seen Captain Phillips yet,will catch it on Netflix.Loved him in Big.
Captain Phillips is another great film. Seen it several times.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-07-2017, 11:06 AM

It was also a nice surprise to see Gary Sinise in the green mile, another great actor who has starred with Hanks in several films.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Has anyone seen Sully: Miracle on the Hudson?

Another great performance by Hanks and directed by Clint Eastwood.
Two really good films Longdogs. 'Miracle on the Hudson' and 'Captain Phillips' saw them both on the big screen. Also saw Tom Hanks on a chat show, very interesting and unassuming bloke, his description of Clint Eastwood was very humourous too, there must have been a good raport between them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-07-2017, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Two really good films Longdogs. 'Miracle on the Hudson' and 'Captain Phillips' saw them both on the big screen. Also saw Tom Hanks on a chat show, very interesting and unassuming bloke, his description of Clint Eastwood was very humourous too, there must have been a good raport between them.
I have seen a few films directed by eastwood and they are all excellent.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 12:31 PM

A lesser known Tom Hanks film is A Hologram For The King.

It's a little gem.

I don't think many actors could've pulled off this character and made him into a hero.
Fabulous!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top