Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:08 PM

Far from the Madding Crowd

Did anyone watch "Far from the Madding Crowd on BBC 1 tonight?

What a nice ending I thought. I l-o-v-e happy endings.

Wish they made more films like that, instead of all the cops, guns and car chases that are on usually.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:11 PM

Re: Far from the Madding Crowd

Its the first time ive seen it ,the title has always put me off ,so glad i watched it tonight .Think i might see if theres a video to buy so i can watch it over any time , i give it 10/10...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:12 PM

I think it was the version I saw at the cinema a couple of years ago. Really nice depiction of the book. I quite fancied the main man.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:26 PM

Yes, yes, yes ! Have to agree with Annie about Mr Oak. Passion .... why did that never happen in real life ?

Thoroughly enjoyed it, and what a change from the usual .

Sweet dreams tonight.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:31 PM

I'm glad it wasn't just me then ladies.

I love films like that, and they are so few and far between nowadays.

(And yes Annie & Puddles, he was rather dishy wasn't he).
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:34 PM

I am a great fan of Thomas Hardy and and enjoyed this brief adaptation very much .
What happened to Gabriel saying ...

"At home by the fire, whenever I look up, there you will be. And whenever you look up, there I shall be."
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:50 PM

Matthias Schoenaerts born in Belgium and at age 39, it may be cradle snatching but it's not indecent for me to fancy him as he is not young enough to be my son!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Matthias Schoenaerts born in Belgium and at age 39, it may be cradle snatching but it's not indecent for me to fancy him as he is not young enough to be my son!
Oh my ! Been doing a little research have you ? I don't care what age, we can look and try to imagine
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:56 PM

Does anybody remember the original starring Jullie Christie? That was good too.

I thought the one tonight was a brilliant production. I loved it - It almost made up for not having Poldark anymore.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

20-08-2017, 11:02 PM

No Carol. I have never seen it before, but I have just watched the final scene again on Iplayer . Phew ! .............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top