Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 11:08 PM

Re: Far from the Madding Crowd

Originally Posted by carol ->
Does anybody remember the original starring Jullie Christie? That was good too.

I thought the one tonight was a brilliant production. I loved it - It almost made up for not having Poldark anymore.
Certainly do - with the gorgeous Julie Christie who could forget?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Certainly do - with the gorgeous Julie Christie who could forget?

I was more enthralled by Terence Stamp !

Haven't seen the new verision that Mups mentioned. Bought the DVD of the Paloma Baeze and Nathanial Parker version - but was a bit disappointed.

I do love Thomas Hardy's works - especially "The Return of the Native".
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Its the first time ive seen it ,the title has always put me off ,so glad i watched it tonight .Think i might see if theres a video to buy so i can watch it over any time , i give it 10/10...
I have never seen the original film, because the title put me off, but I enjoyed last nights version.

With all the sport they show on TV, for the men, I agree with Mups, it is nice to watch a film with romance sometimes...... why do we always have to watch guns and violence films?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 07:55 AM

I didn't watch it but I might see if it's on catch up after reading the posts here, I liked the original.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 08:22 AM

There you are girls - a vast selection of DVDs

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...+madding+crowd
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Does anybody remember the original starring Jullie Christie? That was good too.
Yes loved that too. I found Terence Stamp more mesmerising than last nights actor who wouldn't have enticed me away from Gabriel Oak .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 09:41 AM

Not for me I'm afraid. I started reading the book and found it really tedious. Page after page after page about a woman arriving on a cart and losing her hat.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 03:28 PM

I recorded this as I knew that I would have a visitor, so have not yet seen it, but look forward to doing so. I have read most of Thomas Hardy's books and Far from the Madding Crowd several times. It is one of a very few books I have read more than once. My favourite being To Kill a Mockingbird.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top