Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 01:16 PM

Re: I Picked Queen Elizabeth Up Off The Floor Today..

Did he let you have it Art?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
My guess: I think you were at the Chelsea Flower Show and a rose named Queen Elizabeth was knocked over
Aww, I was going to say that Ruthio, I thought it was perhaps a Rose in a pot that had fallen over at the Chelsea Flower Show.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 02:25 PM

This is what happened....

Yesterday, a friend asked me to go to the garden centre, so l did. Whilst there, l looked to see if the Queen Elizabeth rose was there.
Yes, she was but on the floor again and still in the broken flowerpot.

I decided then, l was going to buy her whatever the cost and take her home and nurture her. (I hate seeing plants dying, l have to try and save them!)

I saw the manager was about, so l went up to him and asked if he had another pot and would he water her as she was bone dry.
He said, ‘Of course and l’ll put some new compost in there too.’ He did all that and remarked, ‘lt will be a nice rose’.
I didn’t ask him to reduce it as it was 50% off anyway. I had bartered with him on my previous visit and got an £85 plant with 50% off, down to £10. I was happy to pay the £6.50 which was half price for the rose.

So she is with me now and l am nurturing her! She had a rough time in the garden centre, always on the floor and never watered.
She reminds me of the forum too..... how very sentimental!

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top