Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 12:50 PM

What song

Do you want at your funeral?

Did think that I wanted "Bat out of hell" a few years ago

But changed my mind.

I want people to cry so I picked this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ZipKdI1sY
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 12:55 PM

Re: What song

I've told my husband I want
'Take My Breath Away' and
'I Was Born To Love You'

They are both Freddie Mercury songs which are my two favourite.

My husband wants 'Look For Me in Rainbows' song by Vicki Brown which is very, very sad and if he dies before me I won't cope when I hear that song but it's his wish. He also wants 'Who Wants To Live Forever' by Freddie.

I play Freddie music all the time so my friends and family will know it was my wish for that music to be played.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 01:03 PM

I like "Memories" from Cats and "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" by Pink Floyd, but, I'm not planning on having a funeral as such, just a cremation.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 01:19 PM

Eyes of the World - Rainbow

Run - Snow Patrol

You'll Never Walk Alone - Gerry and The Pacemakers
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 01:20 PM

1st tune for the two or three who can be bothered to turn up and watch me burn will be the ending theme tune to Man on Fire.
2nd, during the break between the Humanitarian `service` eulogies (about two minutes) will be a toss-up between Only Time by Enya, or Fields of Gold by Sting
3rd, as the pair of mourners and the bloke who lights the gas burner pour out of the building will be either be Summer Wind by Frank Sinatra or just for a bit of devilment, Flower of Carnage - (Shura No Hana).

Feel free to use this one at your own funeral.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 02:10 PM

What a great question galty and some good replies.

At one time 'My way' would have been good but I think that's been overdone now and I don't think my own way is anything to sing about.

I might also choose a Snow Patrol song

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 02:21 PM

Time To Say Goodbye is another popular choice and is on my list.
Might also have Time by Freddie Mercury (from the musical), and can't remember my third choice! Oops.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 02:39 PM

I want to be carried out on my shield, so this is the obvious choice......

https://youtu.be/mm-sbOH-nEc
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Time To Say Goodbye is another popular choice and is on my list.
Might also have Time by Freddie Mercury (from the musical), and can't remember my third choice! Oops.
Time by Freddie would be another choice of mine, Time Waits for Nobody is so true and what an appropriate song for a funeral, I d forgotten about that song Jazzi thx for reminding me , it's a beautiful song
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 02:58 PM

It will be one of the three below. All instrumentals. Any of them would do but I rather like the last one best...

Acker Bilk plays 'Aria' a restful composition that I feel is good piece for me to depart with. I used to play the clarinet and maybe people will remember that.

Perhaps my Dad and I will be playing those clarinet duets again.

-------------------------------------

Mr. Green, our music teacher at school, played a record of 'The Swan' from the 'Carnival of Animals' by Saint-Saens. He maybe thought it was wasted on a bunch of teenage schoolboys. Possibly so but I listened quietly, was impressed and never forgot it. Thanks Mr. Green. A beautiful bit of music.

The theme from the film 'Somewhere In Time' music written by John Barry. A 'We'll meet again' sort of film.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top