Join for free
Page 23 of 164 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 12:15 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

I had my letter to book at vaccination this morning but the centers are miles away and will have long queues and the Three Counties Showground center nearby won't be ready until late February now .
I am going to wait for my GP who has already done 3000 vaccinations and is onto the over 70's and vulnerable, so I shouldn't have long to wait
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Very Interesting Zaphod!

This bit made me laugh......

Instead of haggling over the price for months like the EU Commission did, Netanyahu bravely grabbed the state wallet. According to insiders, Israel pays at least twice as much per dose of vaccine.

Perhaps the EU is now struggling without the financial input of the UK!
Looks like Natanyahu cares more about his people than the EU did about their members!

If you look at the noise coming out of the EU, there are quite a few times someone in there says something along the lines of "we paid less than the UK".
It's almost as if they don't think that EU citizens see that - from what they are suggesting - money comes before they do.
This fiasco will haunt the EU, I'm certain of it.
They're making things worse for themselves by trying to play a blame game that everybody realises is just squirming, too.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I had my letter to book at vaccination this morning but the centers are miles away and will have long queues and the Three Counties Showground center nearby won't be ready until late February now .
I am going to wait for my GP who has already done 3000 vaccinations and is onto the over 70's and vulnerable, so I shouldn't have long to wait
Fingers crossed for you Meg.
They do seem to be really cracking on so hopefully your turn won't be long.

Mrs Zaphod was offered a jab at the end of last week (as a key worker); spares unused by the GP, but she couldn't at that time so she missed out.
A few in her workplace have been able to take them up though.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Fingers crossed for you Meg.
They do seem to be really cracking on so hopefully your turn won't be long.

Mrs Zaphod was offered a jab at the end of last week (as a key worker); spares unused by the GP, but she couldn't at that time so she missed out.
A few in her workplace have been able to take them up though.
Thank you Zaphod what a shame Mrs Z missed out , better luck next time.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 01:44 PM

Good news at least that you have been contacted Meg.

I hope your local surgery will contact you very soon, especially knowing your heath history. Fingers crossed for you. x
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 02:15 PM

It's good to hear that all the really aged people on here have had their treatment. That's how it should be.

As for me, as a 68 year old spring chicken, I haven't heard anything yet. And when it comes to Marge, as she is nothing much more than a 59 year old schoolgirl, it could be years before they get around to her!

Anyway, when our times do come, I'd be interested to know which jab they are offering. Do they actually tell you when you are called?

I'd much prefer the AZ vaccine to the Pfeizer one, as the latter must be kept at such a low temperature that there is always the worry that it may have been exposed to a higher temperature and consequently have lost its effectiveness. I'd even be happy to pay for the AZ option, if that were possible.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It's good to hear that all the really aged people on here have had their treatment. That's how it should be.

As for me, as a 68 year old spring chicken, I haven't heard anything yet. And when it comes to Marge, as she is nothing much more than a 59 year old schoolgirl, it could be years before they get around to her!

Anyway, when our times do come, I'd be interested to know which jab they are offering. Do they actually tell you when you are called?

I'd much prefer the AZ vaccine to the Pfeizer one, as the latter must be kept at such a low temperature that there is always the worry that it may have been exposed to a higher temperature and consequently have lost its effectiveness. I'd even be happy to pay for the AZ option, if that were possible.
JBR we weren’t informed which vaccine we would be having until the actual day we received the jab ..... we both had the Pfeizer one. No problems at all with it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

29-01-2021, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Good news at least that you have been contacted Meg.

I hope your local surgery will contact you very soon, especially knowing your heath history. Fingers crossed for you. x
Thanks Mags I do have the option now to make an appointment if I don't hear from my GP but I don't want to risk going anywhere with lots of people. There are no queues at my GPs with just a couple of appointments at a time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

29-01-2021, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
JBR we weren’t informed which vaccine we would be having until the actual day we received the jab ..... we both had the Pfeizer one. No problems at all with it.
Mags my GP is using Pfeizer in conjunction with another practice to get the correct dosage numbers. I am a bit concerned that the EU is now now going to prevent anymore doses of Pfeizer vaccine leaving the EU making it difficult to get a second dose. I hope they can sort themselves out very soon before second doses are due
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

29-01-2021, 03:18 PM

Mags my GP is using Pfeizer in conjunction with another practice to get the correct dosage numbers. I am a bit concerned that the EU is now now going to prevent anymore doses of Pfeizer vaccine leaving the EU making it difficult to get a second dose. I hope they can sort themselves out very soon before second doses are due
Yes Meg, it does worry me whether we will get back the second vac, we were told it would be within 12 weeks, that would be 20th March - 3 weeks have passed now. We are hoping they may decide to bring the date forward a bit.

Page 23 of 164 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top