Join for free
Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 12:46 PM

Re: I need help to set a booby trap please...

Yes, if you tell the gas board it is being tampered with, they should fit a cage thing to it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 01:03 PM

I was going to suggest a cage. And agree with Meg’s comments.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
Not knowing exactly which rules apply in the UK I’d check with the police before installing a camera.

Over here we’re allowed to set up a camera as long as it only covers our own property ie house, garden and driveway. We’re not allowed to direct it out towards the street.

As I say, legislation in the UK may be different, but better safe than sorry.

And I hope you catch the buggers redhanded!!!!!
Same over here - you also have to display a warning in a window to let people know you have CCTV recording, the idea being, that if you haven't warned anyone, and they get filmed doing something wrong on your property, they can't be prosecuted because you didn't alert them beforehand. How pathetic is that?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 05:03 PM

After a preliminary enquiry to my power supplier (e-on) via messenger on face-book, I have been told it is my responsibility to see the meter is secure & in a safe place.

Of course I haven't taken that lying down.

Be interesting to see what their next reply will be...
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 05:06 PM

Oh Carol, well I didn't know you installed gas meters now...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Same over here - you also have to display a warning in a window to let people know you have CCTV recording, the idea being, that if you haven't warned anyone, and they get filmed doing something wrong on your property, they can't be prosecuted because you didn't alert them beforehand. How pathetic is that?
That’s not true, not in this part of the country, I have no sign, saying I have cctv, a neighbour trashed my car space a few years back, all captured on camera, police notified, they came viewed the footage, saw the neighbour doing what he did, they took action, told him to watch his behaviour ,gave him a warning, to, stay well away from me!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 05:24 PM

Carol, my friend had problems with her gas meter cupboard, she was told the same, it was her responsibility, she got it fixed...

We’ve just been discussing your problems that you’re having..
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Carol, my friend had problems with her gas meter cupboard, she was told the same, it was her responsibility, she got it fixed...

We’ve just been discussing your problems that you’re having..
It's not just the meter cupboard though Pauline - it's the gas meter as well. It needs relocating to a more secure & private place.

The cupboard I could cope with...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 06:02 PM

Do you think this was just a one off incident Carol, has it happened before because the box has obviously been there many years?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-06-2021, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
It's not just the meter cupboard though Pauline - it's the gas meter as well. It needs relocating to a more secure & private place.

The cupboard I could cope with...

Just read online that you have to pay for it to be moved, unless you have a really good reason why it needs to be moved, they may do it for free, it’s illegal to move it yourself..it can cost between £400 to £1,000

Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top