Join for free
Page 116 of 190 « First < 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 12:10 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Back home now after our visit to Nidd Hall, enjoyed the house and grounds but unfortunately didn't get chance to try out the spacious swimming pool. The friends we were with don't swim so it didn't seem right to take myself off for an hour or two. Perhaps next time. Although the Tribute band were good, Franki Valli is not really my kind of music, neither is sitting drinking all night, getting up to dance was the best bit, I don't mind that.

So we meandered our way home via Harrogate and arrived home after dark. An early start on Tuesday saw me struggle round an eight miler. My legs were tired and heavy and It was a hard decision to take the right turn at the road junction and do my eight rather than the six that the left turn would have worked out at, which would have put me out of my misery sooner, and prevented me from getting quite so wet from the gentle rain that had accompanied me all the way round.

So what a difference it was on Thursday when once again I shaved off another 20 seconds from my years best time for this well worn eight mile course. I was further impressed by this mornings three mile walk, when after one mile I sprinted the next mile (flat out) in eight and a half minutes, a time I haven't achieved for many a year, although It left me gasping for breath and clinging desperately to the kissing gate and fumbling for my mobile phone (Cell Phone) in case my heart decided to give it up......

myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 01:44 PM

Welcome back OGF ... great blog as always
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 05:09 PM

Good to see you back, Bob
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 10:50 PM

Thanks Myrtle and Mags, I won't go away again.....despite what Gumbud says......
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 09:55 PM

Yay! Bob's Bits is back!

I, for one, am most happy to hear you did not have to use that phone. Nicely done on that sprint.

It sounds like another fine getaway, though I feel your pain about the late night drinking. Not my cup of tea either. I think we know where we find our highs .

Any pics of Nidd Hall for those of us on the wrong side of the Atlantic?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 12:00 AM

Good to see you back Bob I have missed your bits
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good to see you back Bob I have missed your bits
Meg, move to Yorkshire and live on one of his 8 miles, then you will be able to see his bits most days!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 08:09 AM

oh what a gruesome site - bobs bits dangling in a cold n'wester -mind you ladies just have a thought for poor Mrs Fox who has to watch bobs bits dangling all the time!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
oh what a gruesome site - bobs bits dangling in a cold n'wester -mind you ladies just have a thought for poor Mrs Fox who has to watch bobs bits dangling all the time!
Gumbud, I was meaning Bob's legs, the bits that carry him on his 8 mile runs. I can't imagine what you were thinking of.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

05-11-2017, 01:36 PM

It's really good to see you all visiting Bob's Bits, even my antipodean friend.......I don't know if there are enough chairs for everyone, but never mind, Gumbud can stand at the bar....

Things just seem to be going right concerning my running just lately, once again this morning I ran a years best time for my eight mile route, that's three in a row!
Could it be something to do with the enormous looking full moon, gracefully sinking into the Western sky, Mrs Fox always says that my moods are controlled by the moon, I think it's just a load of poppycock! But it has made me think once again about Surfermoms theory concerning the changing size of the celestial bodies. I have included my interpretation of the illusion, and I apologise in advance for the questionable graphics.......

And for your enjoyment I have included some photos of Nidd Hall.

For anyone who is not familiar with Nidd Hall, it's part of the Warner group of hotels that are situated, at various locations around mainland UK. They are usually found on the site of a stately home or mansion, with an occasional castle that would have probably fallen into disrepair and dereliction without Warners assistance. They are also restricted to adults only.

The gardens and grounds are quite splendid and very well tended to.
There seems to be a craze going round at the moment with outdoor gym equipment being sited in local parks. Whilst passing our local park on the bus I've been surprised to see quite a few mature members of society doing their daily exercise routines on this equipment. So when we stumbled on the same equipment scattered around the grounds of Nidd Hall we just had to give it a go. I really enjoyed my workout and although there were instructions fastened to every machine, I would imagine it would be easy for the more sedate patrons of the hotel to overdo it.....So much fun though.....

This is a fine example of a 'Ha Ha' (I think that's what they call them)
When the gentry looked out of the window of their residence at the well manicured grounds they didn't want to see fences and walls in their line of sight. So they sort of terraced the land, which kept sheep and other cattle from straying into the gardens, but from the house the lawn looks continuous.

I believe Capability Brown (the well known Landscaper) was the first to use this design.

Page 116 of 190 « First < 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top