Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 10:21 PM

Rhino Killed for horn in France

Can you believe this?
A young white rhino has been murdered in a zoo.
Shot and its horn cut off with a chainsaw.
Is there no place of safety for these poor animals.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7616076.html
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 10:27 PM

Re: Rhino Killed for horn in France

Sickening!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 10:57 PM

Sometimes, there are no suitable words , and this is one of those times..
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 12:29 AM

OMG I had to switch over the news channel when I saw this. It's almost as bad as the news story about the zoo yesterday. I think zoos, animal circus acts and seaworlds should be banned and cruelty to animals in zoos is unbearable.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 12:35 AM

Tragic
Cam
USA
Cam is female  Cam has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 05:42 AM

Horrific
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
OMG I had to switch over the news channel when I saw this. It's almost as bad as the news story about the zoo yesterday. I think zoos, animal circus acts and seaworlds should be banned and cruelty to animals in zoos is unbearable.
I don't think all zoos are bad as some do preserve rare animals and have bred them and reintroduced to the wild .
E.g. The Arabian Onyx which was totally exterminated in the wild .
The white rhino is one of the rarest animal species on earth each living one is a major part of the dwindling population and now this one has gone forever .
It was not the fault of the zoo in this case the poor creature was hand reared tame and well cared for as part of their future breeding programme .
It is the fault of mans supersition and greed.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don't think all zoos are bad as some do preserve rare animals and have bred them and reintroduced to the wild .
E.g. The Arabian Onyx which was totally exterminated in the wild .
The white rhino is one of the rarest animal species on earth each living one is a major part of the dwindling population and now this one has gone forever .
It was not the fault of the zoo in this case the poor creature was hand reared tame and well cared for as part of their future breeding programme .
It is the fault of mans supersition and greed.
I think nature reserves or safari parks where animals have room to roam as they would in the wild are more acceptable. But where they are in a cage in a city with visitors coming to gawp, that's a pretty horrible idea when you start thinking of how the animal must feel. Many of these animals become very depressed. I remember seeing a tiger in a zoo as a child. It was pacing up and down by the glass relentlessly desperate to be outside. It was such a sad sight.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 09:33 AM

I have been to that particular zoo and it is large. The animals were in excellent condition and had lots of roaming room. However it appears that in this day and age perhaps zoos need to up their security and be patrolled at night by armed guards with a shoot to kill policy, as they do in Kenya. Nowhere is safe for animals any more. Itīs very sad and really tragic.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 09:38 AM

Hi

The answer to Rhinos is entirely in the hands of China.

They need to ban it immediately..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top