Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 09:17 AM

Re: towards which direction does your head point when asleep?

My head points South and I sleep mostly face down and sometimes on my right side. Somebody once pointed out to me that if you sleep on your left side all the junk that inhabits your chest cavity falls down and squashes your heart, making it work harder.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 09:28 AM

My head points to the North, and I don't usually have trouble sleeping.
My problem comes trying to wake up, not sleep.

This might be of interest:

https://sleepauthority.com/best-dire...ng-to-science/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:01 AM

Depends which bed I am in. If I am in my bed I am head west, if I am in my husbands bed I am head east and at the caravan I am head south if I am in my bed or head north if I am on the sofa bed. I sleep best in my bed in the caravan, but that's more down to the quiet and dark and being relaxed before going to bed.
Furryanimal
Wales
Furryanimal is male  Furryanimal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:05 AM

Vaguely North
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:05 AM

When I’m asleep ... how would I know
I’ve no regular way of facing upon waking.
The bedhead is on the north wall .
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:21 AM

My head points west and my face faces south - more or less. I probably change over to face facing north as I sleep, but my head always points west. (I think)
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 11:12 AM

I sleep on my left side & face North East, towards the railway line & Dartmoor, according to my compass anyway. I can't sleep any other way.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 11:13 AM

North East
Then South West
Then NE again
And SW again
And so on...
All night...
Until I drift off!
Neither direction has any bearing on how well I sleep
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've worked out that I sleep with my head pointing East.

So which direction does your head point when you're in bed? Apparently sleeping with your head towards north (in the northern hemisphere) or south in the southern hemisphere, is a no-no. But vice versa and you should sleep like a log... go figure!

https://kripalu.org/resources/which-...eda-it-matters
Mum always used to say that, which in turn her mother had passed on... but she said head to North is the right way. So confusion reigns. Not that I do, South /East is my positioning but seldom sleep well these days.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 02:52 PM

That's an easy one for me. I sleep on a south facing wall facing west towards the window, always lying on my left side on the right side of the bed nearest the window which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, regardless of the weather, and we never have the radiator on in the bedroom, ever! .

During the winter months HWMO uses my body as a barrier when it's really cold or we have a gale blowing down the street when the open top window really rattles.
Don't feel sorry for him though because he keeps his half of the electric blanket on right throughout the night during the winter months. If he is ever caught short during the night, he literally runs to the bathroom and back cos our bedroom is coooooooold! Lovely. hate a heated bedroom, I can never breathe properly and feel stifled. Much rather snuggle down under my lovely warm duvet to stay warm.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top