Join for free
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 01:37 PM

Fresh crusty rolls

I am happy that Lidl have started to make fresh crusty bread in their stores. The other day I bought five crusty rolls, ate two and left three for him in doors however, he fancied pizza and so the rolls sat looking sad in the bread bin.

This morning two days after purchase, yes 2 days after purchase I took those rolls and ran them under a cold tap and popped them into a warm oven for a few minutes. (Can't tell you how long as I was being lectured on football) When they came out they were warm, crusty on the outside and white and fluffy on the inside so I slapped some egg mayo into them and had a blissful breakfast.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 04:31 PM

Re: Fresh crusty rolls

Sounds good, the bakery in Lidl is very tasty.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 03:10 PM

I like the bakery too. I also keep some of Lidl's frozen wheat and rye rolls in my freezer. Just pop them in the oven for ten mins and they are lovely with a bowl of soup at lunch time. You would think they were fresh from the bakers oven, deelish.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 11:27 PM

If I want fresh bread rolls I go down to the Vietnamese bakery at the end of my street. I know the dough has been made with yeast and allowed to rise rather than frothed up with air and that they were cooked that morning.

My only complaint is that when you ask for a dozen you get 12 instead of 13 Vietnamese are very literal and, of course, their colonial history is French - good for bread, bad for freebies.

However they are much cheaper than the supermarket.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top