Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 12:44 PM

Re: Drink

Originally Posted by Jean ->
Anyone ever try port and coke as a drink, very nice
Not fond of coke, actually I think it is revolting but the general idea is pretty good. For me a two thirds full schooner glass of port topped up with tonic water is perfect; a couple of those in the evening and the world takes on a rosy glow.

I used to use lemonade but since getting cramp at night I have found tonic water wards it off (something to do with the quinine I think).
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 04:18 PM

AS Val has said - Port should be drunk neat with a decent cheese (Stilton, Danish Blue,or Brie,) spread on cheese biscuits.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
AS Val has said - Port should be drunk neat with a decent cheese (Stilton, Danish Blue,or Brie,) spread on cheese biscuits.
Got my Christmas bottle already UJ
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Got my Christmas bottle already UJ
Bottle Val darlin'??? - now come on, that isn't on - surely you mean decanter.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2012, 12:32 AM

Never took to Port, I prefer a nice Glenlivet Whiskey because apart from the fact it is so damn good Glenlivet is in Scotland and we all know I'm a "prood Scot laddie".
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2012, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No sense of adventure
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2012, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
gin and lemonade,or hot summer day gin and peppermint over lots of ice. Whisky and water usual drink, occasionally whisky or brandy with ginger wine. Port and lemonade yes but not tried port and coke, but will give it a go.
Good give it a go hazel.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top