Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 02:16 PM

Bananas

Bananas

BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 02:25 PM

Re: Bananas

Good fruit to eat Michael. I was talking to others on another site about Bananas and we were all trying to remember back through the decades as to how old we were when we had our first Banana. Think I was 10 even though I was born just after the War. My parents couldnt afford to buy their 4 kids one each. I am talking of the Second WW
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 04:31 PM

Taliking of 'bananas' - when i was at primary school, the teachers asked us what we thought heaven was like, my reply.....'Its full of bananas !' The teacher was intrigued, why do you think that Patsy, 'well everyone talks about bananas being 'heaven'....Well you never know, they could be 'up there'....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 04:42 PM

As I recall the first bananas I had after WW2 were "dried" bananas - still very nice to a 12 year old
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 04:51 PM

I must have been about 7 when my brother and I were given half a banana each for the first time. I didn't like the dryish taste of it at all but my brother ate his. It took a while to get used to them and I'll eat them now but I can't say they are one of my favourite fruits.
MrsD
midlands uk
MrsD is female  MrsD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 05:45 PM

Love Bananas Sandwiches
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 02:00 AM

Cheap, nasty and plentiful... Yep, always have a few kilos of bananas in the house.

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 08:50 AM

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm - Banana fritters, Banoffee pie, banana cake - what's not to like???
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 09:43 AM

Bananas have never been a favourite of mine, but I do remember as a child bananas and custard being something rather special, not had it for donkey's years though...
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 03:49 PM

Dunno if this is credible enough but I received it in an email recently and as I eat a ton of nanas a week hoped it was true.

The fully ripe banana produces a substance called TNF which has the ability to combat abnormal cells. So don't be surprised very soon the shop will go out of stock for bananas. As the banana
ripens, it develops dark spots or patches on the skin. The more dark patches it has, the higher will be its immunity enhancement quality. Hence the Japanese love bananas for a good reason. According to a Japanese scientific research, banana contains TNF which has anti-cancer properties.

The degree of anti-cancer effect corresponds to the degree of ripeness of the fruit, i.e., the riper the banana, the better the anti-cancer quality.

In an animal experiment carried out by a professor in Tokyo U comparing the various health benefits of different fruits, using banana, grape, apple, water melon, pineapple, pear and persimmon, it was found that banana gave the best results. It increased the number of white blood cells, enhanced the immunity of the body and produced anti-cancer substance TNF. The recommendation is to eat 1 to 2 bananas a day to increase your body immunity to diseases like cold, flu and others.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top