Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 03:22 AM

Re: Shrove Tuesday

We often have them for brekky on a Sunday morning with homemade plum jam and a dollop of cream, delish!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Have always made pancakes for my family. I can't eat them myself, they are on a par with porridge, sickening.
Mall darlin' - try them with different filling - maple syrup and icecream, or flambe with Brandy - absolutely delicious!!!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 12:45 PM

I just can't stomach pancakes, Uncle Joe. I will eat pretty much anything but porridge and pancakes sicken me.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oh yeah!!!!! - Pancakes, lime or lemon and sugar - fabulous!!!!
They sound Nice Geoff. I much prefer sour to sweet. My Nan used to always make them on Shrove Tuesday but with an assortment of Toppings, mostly Sweet so I ended up with just Butter.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 03:59 PM

Theres another way of enjoying them for a main dish. Make thin crepes and fill them with a bolognese sauce. Then lay them in a dish and cover the lot with a cheese sauce and bake in the oven. Yummy. A bit like canneloni but the pancakes are a bit lighter than pasta.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2013, 08:04 AM

Won't have time to do pancakes this evening but will be eating handsomely - bought a rabbit from the butcher last week, took it out the freezer yesterday and casserole it in the slow cooker this afternoon whilst 'm busy with other things. Should be ready around 6.00ish this evening.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2013, 08:28 AM

Well? did you make your pancakes today?

I had a meeting this morning but when I came home I knocked out a couple of pancakes and, though I say it myself, tossed them up in the air and caught them again with great aplomb. Totally wasted of course because no one was there to observe my athletic dexterity.

Anyway the pancakes were lovely!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top