Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Yorkshireman100
west yorkshire
Yorkshireman100 is male  Yorkshireman100 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 04:46 PM

Are you going to Morrisons now for your meat.

It appears that out of the large supermarket chains Morrisons is the only one that has complete control of what its selling and knows not only from were it comes but what it is.

It would not surprise me if we see in their adds this being pointed out, of course it is a Yorkshire based company so it is easy to understand why the quality is high.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 04:52 PM

Re: Are you going to Morrisons now for your meat.

No Morrisons in Watford so I shall continue to shop at Sainsburys. They've not been mentioned as yet in the horsemeat thing and I buy their own brand wherever possible.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 05:32 PM

Morrisons meat is supplied by Woodhead Bros. in Turriff, Aberdeenshire so it is easy to understand why the quality is high.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 05:37 PM

I don't buy anything in Morrisons , the nearest to me smells of rotting fish...

I buy meat from a farm shop and Waitrose which is my nearest supermarket. Expensive, yes but I would rather eat good meat occasionally than lots of rubbish all the time.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't buy anything in Morrisons , the nearest to me smells of rotting fish...

I buy meat from a farm shop and Waitrose which is my nearest supermarket. Expensive, yes but I would rather eat good meat occasionally than lots of rubbish all the time.
Hi Meg I like Waitrose as well and the place I am going to move to in Norfolk has one so I shall be shopping there I expect. In Watford I have Sainsburys, Asda and Tesco and of those I prefer Sainsburys by far.
smokeyboat
Kent UK
smokeyboat is male 

11-02-2013, 06:33 PM

My wife raves over the quality of the meat she gets from Morrisons.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 06:52 PM

I never buy meat in supermarkets and I don't like Morrisons - I prefer the Co-op!!

However, good for Morrison's to be on the ball, the other large supermarkets should take a leaf out of there books!!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 07:27 PM

We never eat ready meals and don't eat much red meat anyway these days, but when we do we like to buy from our local butcher on the high street...
eileen127
New Member!
lancashire
eileen127 is female 

11-02-2013, 10:04 PM

Hi Smokey boat nice to see you here i miss your commenys on saggy used to look out for them yes morrisons meat is good but prefere my local butcher i know its localy sourced think the public should have an informed choice abot what they choose to eat but more bothered about injections and tablets thats given to horses and the effect on human consumption. have not filled my profile in still sifting round the maze but nice to see you here
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 10:31 PM

Get mine straight from the beast. I mince my own if needed for Lasagne or Cottage pie etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top