Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 08:25 PM

Re: The Healthy Option?

I think that recipe would make any cut of meat quite delectable. Is ostrich mild in flavour?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I think that recipe would make any cut of meat quite delectable. Is ostrich mild in flavour?
Sue darlin' notwithstanding its a fowl, the meat is not white but red - it has its own unique flavour but its quite strong. Go try it, you may get to like it. Just think of the Ostrich or Emu legs - how's that for a drum stick????
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Sue darlin' notwithstanding its a fowl, the meat is not white but red - it has its own unique flavour but its quite strong. Go try it, you may get to like it. Just think of the Ostrich or Emu legs - how's that for a drum stick????
I would not have expected it to be red meat! Yes, that would be quite the drum stick indeed... as long as it's not full of tendons like a turkey leg. Those take a lot of fuss.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I would not have expected it to be red meat! Yes, that would be quite the drum stick indeed... as long as it's not full of tendons like a turkey leg. Those take a lot of fuss.
Sue darlin' - no tendons in the piece I bought - just solid chunk of flesh.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top