Join for free
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 02:23 PM

Impulse buys

My impulse buy was a couple of packs of Earl Grey and Mandarin Hot Cross Buns (Heston Blumenthal's) which were placed just at the check-out in Waitrose.

I'm eating one now along with a cup of tea (normal everyday tea!) and even though I'm enjoying it, I cannot detect any flavour of Earl Grey. I can taste the mandarines though but I doubt I'll be rushing back for any more which cost me £1.79 for a pack of two.
spinner
yorkshire
spinner is female  spinner has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 09:26 PM

Re: Impulse buys

I am often tempted to buy a new product, so I am sure the food manufacturers have thought of making 'new' products which will be just made and sold for a short length of time. They make them for the novelty, and do not expect them to be made ad infinitum. Just for the impulse one off purchase. Next month, a new flavour. Of course if they sell well, maybe they will remain a little longer.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 12:28 PM

Re: Impulse buys

My last impulse buy was when I bought some mince pies by Heston Bloomenwhateverhisnameis and they were the most foul things I've ever tasted. I like trying new things but some things just don't seem to go together.

I'm not a big impulse buyer - mainly because I hate shopping so tend to dash in, get what I need and then out again.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top