Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 08:34 PM

Supermoon and Bloodmoon..

The evening of 27 September is going to be one of the Moon’s most stunning nights in decades. And the weather is making way for most people in the UK to see it, according to forecasts.

That night and into the next morning will see a huge bright Supermoon, much bigger and brighter than its usual size. Then during the morning the moon will go dark again, as it is turned red and becomes a “blood moon” during the total lunar eclipse.

The two events will mean that the moon is at both its brightest and its darkest during the night. They haven’t appeared at once for 30 years – and some are worried that events could signal the end of the world, but Nasa has said that they probably won’t.

Will you be watching for it? I will definately be waiting to see it.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 09:04 PM

Re: Supermoon and Bloodmoon..

Hi Aysa yes i will be watching it☺
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 09:04 PM

We often have really nice views of the moon here so I will make sure I look out for this.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 09:05 PM

Me too Doc...
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

26-09-2015, 09:06 PM

Im looking forward to seeing it Cass,we get a really good view of the moon here too
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 10:55 PM

The moon fascinates me Aysa, so thankyou for telling us about that. I hadn't heard a thing on the news about it, so wouldn't have known if it weren't for you.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 12:52 AM

I'll have to see if the moon looks any different here in Indonesia. Though I have to say that recent 'supermoons' in Ireland have been distinctly unimpressive.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 07:37 AM

I will be out there watching it!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 12:12 PM

I will be watching it tonight as long as it isn't the end of
the World otherwise I will be floating with all of you
around it
I am now speaking to you all even though another nutcase
told everybody the world was ending last Wednesday.
For goodness sake who are these people. Why do people
believe them. If its going to happen and we cant do
owt about it that will be it. So wont be talking anymore
Looking forward to waking up to see the moon. Will
try and take photos of it if I can. Enjoy
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 12:44 PM

I don't sleep well and often look out of the window during the early hours, the moon for the last 2 nights has been so bright I had to look away.
Hoping to see it early hours in the morning when it takes on the reddish glow.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top