Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 03:59 PM

Re: Organic Slug & Snail Repellent

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The chemicals are out and being used full blast.

I am not a Food Bank for slugs.

Ah, but you haven't got several dogs poking about to consider, have you Swim.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I tried that, there was an enormous snail on the patio which I picked up and threw over the fence last week, this morning there was a knock on the door, when I opened the door the snail was there ..he said, ‘what did you do that for?’

Sometimes you men are more trouble than help!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

27-06-2019, 04:02 PM

[QUOTE=Meg;1734130]Judd you can 'frill' the top the slugs can't climb over that.

You can now buy slug collars but they are expensive when you can make your own and they don't look great,

I like your clever invention, Meg.
You could go into business making those.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 05:31 PM

I tried that, there was an enormous snail on the patio which I picked up and threw over the fence last week, this morning there was a knock on the door, when I opened the door the snail was there ..he said, ‘what did you do that for?’

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Judd you can 'frill' the top the slugs can't climb over that.

You can now buy slug collars but they are expensive when you can make your own and they don't look great,
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Slug-Collar...utdoors&sr=1-3
Clever idea but I'm not bothered about slugs in my garden, I don't have anything for them worth eating.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 05:46 PM

Don't you know that snails 'home'?

You have to take them out of town if you don't want them coming back into your garden!

By the way, does anyone have a humane way of disposing of snails?
I used to collect them in a bucket, but then never knew what I was suppposed to do with them next.

Anyway, I must have collected dozens and dozens, but the garden is still full of them, so there doesn't seem to be much point.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

27-06-2019, 10:49 PM

I used to have a racing snail and took his shell off to make him go faster but it just made him sluggish.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I used to have a racing snail and took his shell off to make him go faster but it just made him sluggish.
Boom boom!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

27-06-2019, 11:16 PM

Boom boom!

Pack it up you two twerps, you're not flippin' help at all.

You can both come and help me on tonight's Snail Patrol now.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Boom boom!
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Pack it up you two twerps, you're not flippin' help at all.

You can both come and help me on tonight's Snail Patrol now.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top