Join for free
Page 64 of 164 « First < 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 10:49 AM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
There will always be people that cannot have the vaccination for good reason but, if those who can have it refuse it, they may catch it, pass it to others and reduce the hospital beds for those who can't have it.
If Mups couldn't care for herself or her dogs, she must have been ill. I know that she found it difficult to get to the phone from her bed & in those circumstances most of us would have been scared.

Swim I know she didn't suffer Anaphalaxtic Reaction, but there are always people who suffer from other reactions to medicines, so she would be justified in refusing the second jab if the first made her so ill.

The whole point of vaccinations is to reduce the number of people who catch this virus, to prevent it spreading to others, not cause further health problems to those who have shown it makes them ill.
It is the people who won't have it, just because they don't believe they need it, that will prevent us reducing the threat of this virus & killing many more people!

Twink, you see what I meant about some wanna-be docs diagnosing things they know nothing about?
This is why I never mentioned anything before.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Good point OGF, but a smoker never expects to get cancer, alcoholics never expect to get liver disease............you're being offered the chance NOT to get covid and you're not taking it! A preventative alternative is being offered..........
You can still catch covid Lindy after having the vaccine, and you can still pass it on....But I don't expect to catch Covid either...
There are still 64 million people who have not caught Covid yet, so I think the odds are in my favour...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I must say Lindy, I don't know Foxy's reasons if he doesn't want the vaccine, but I am sure he has them.

I do know that after having my first jab I was so ill I got carted off to hospital in an ambulance and was kept there for tests all day long.

Nothing was found, so the docs put it down to a severe bad reaction. I spent the next three days in bed with neighbours coming in to help with the animals.

So I can assure you I have very valid reason for being very, very wary of having any second jab.
So sorry to hear of your reaction Mups, I didn't realise you had spent time in hospital as a result. I wished I lived a bit nearer so I could have helped out....
I also had a bad reaction to the flu jab back in 1972 and that's one of the reasons I never had the flu jab ever again. I hope you are feeling better now Mups, and wish you well in whatever you decide to do about the second jab.......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So sorry to hear of your reaction Mups, I didn't realise you had spent time in hospital as a result. I wished I lived a bit nearer so I could have helped out....
I also had a bad reaction to the flu jab back in 1972 and that's one of the reasons I never had the flu jab ever again. I hope you are feeling better now Mups, and wish you well in whatever you decide to do about the second jab.......

Thanks for that Foxy.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 06:09 PM

Just had my jab today - the AstraZeneca one. Fewer problems than the Pfizer one so I'm led to believe.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 07:38 PM

But what if it's not, Spitty?
You gonna come down and look after me?
All of us blokes will..... have you got a big telly?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-02-2021, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
All of us blokes will..... have you got a big telly?
Oops! I thought you said 'Belly' Longdogs...
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Good point OGF, but a smoker never expects to get cancer, alcoholics never expect to get liver disease............you're being offered the chance NOT to get covid and you're not taking it! A preventative alternative is being offered..........
Just to clarify . The vaccine does not stop us from getting the virus.
It’s intention is to prevent the more serious symptoms .
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 08:23 PM

I must say Lindy, I don't know Foxy's reasons if he doesn't want the vaccine, but I am sure he has them.

I do know that after having my first jab I was so ill I got carted off to hospital in an ambulance and was kept there for tests all day long.

Nothing was found, so the docs put it down to a severe bad reaction. I spent the next three days in bed with neighbours coming in to help with the animals.

So I can assure you I have very valid reason for being very, very wary of having any second jab.
Mups ,how dreadful for you and you living alone too ?
I’m sure you’re wary of the second dose .
For the record my thoughts are in keeping with those of OGF .
Zuleika
North West UK

21-02-2021, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Second one should be a breeze, the body knows what to expect.
That might not be true .
You don’t grow out of an allergic reaction to things . If that’s what it was .

Page 64 of 164 « First < 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top