Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 04:13 PM

Re: Will You Be Staying Up Tonight To Follow How The Election Vote Is Going?

I voted, but that's as far as my interest goes.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 04:13 PM

The counts won't start until tomorrow morning so there's no point in staying up.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 04:18 PM

Yes and no. I'll just catch up with it in the news tomorrow.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 06:00 PM

Labour seem a bit desperate..

https://order-order.com/2021/05/06/w...m-letterboxes/
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Have you voted in the election today? Will you be staying up all night to hear the outcome?
No, and No.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
It is most bizarre that are those who complain about the system, issues, and politics (often the loudest) and then yield that essential power of the vote by not bothering to fill out a ballot or working to become a citizen.

Not voting is always voting for the person who is elected - no room to complain when that happens!
Point well made and taken, Surfermom, and - if it were a General Election or something else that would actually make a difference - I would be first in the queue.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 06:13 PM

Yes I voted but am I staying up?
For what?
If it was a General Election maybe but there's nothing worth staying awake for here, especially when most of the results will take more than overnight to become known.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
No and no.

Same here.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 07:16 PM

Voting in my area was for Police Crime Commissioner and yes I voted. I hope my choice for commissioner gets elected as he seems a good man having met him . I wont sit up late
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Point well made and taken, Surfermom, and - if it were a General Election or something else that would actually make a difference - I would be first in the queue.

I feel the same Tabs. So far I have never missed voting in a general election and in my younger days, I would often sit up late and watch the results. These days it all seems to take so long.

I would have thought by now we could have an electronic system of voting at the polling stations. Type in your number given to you by the bod, then tick your choice, then click on enter. It would save a lot of the over night counting.

Locally, there are signs up telling me to vote for all sorts of people I have never seen or heard of.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top