Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 12:38 PM

Re: Sense of Direction?

I like to think I can find my way around ok, in fact I always navigate when my OH drives anywhere!

We had a hire car whilst in Florida for the last two weeks, my SIL drove and requested me to sit in the front with him and navigate ...... I hasten to add that we didn't get lost once!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 08:20 PM

I am not too bad at remembering how to get to a place and back!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 08:46 PM

Think I have a good sense of direction too. Probably only been 'lost' couple of times. First time when driving down to my Brothers and they had closed main road through Leek. Diversion signs were out, but seem to disappear on the country roads, so just followed the road and hoped for the best-did get there eventually. Second time was coming back from Derbyshire-been major accident-no diversion signs this time, so just followed 'my nose' as it were, hoping it was taking me to M6....it did!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 09:28 PM

I have a fair sense of direction, but I do tend to go by landmarks and general NSEW direction, rather than road numbers. I get frustrated by satnavs, but like to have mine as a second opinion and to keep from getting lonely. If I go somewhere once, I am usually OK to find my way again. If I get lost, I don't panic these days I usually find a way back to the where I am supposed to be going (all I need is plenty of time) - unless I am nearly out of petrol.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 11:56 PM

I have no sense of direction whatsoever! I can get from here to there on the bus/subway, but once off that regular route I am completely lost. I've actually had nightmares about getting on the wrong bus and being stranded God knows where without any idea how to get home!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top