Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 03:49 PM

Re: Elder care

Originally Posted by qetta ->
Your children didn't ask to be born to you! I don't think one has the same obligation to one's parents as one has to one's children.
In my family we believe in looking after each other. And I`ve brought my children up to respect elders. So we`ll stick with our own family values, thanks.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
In my family we believe in looking after each other. And I`ve brought my children up to respect elders. So we`ll stick with our own family values, thanks.
Each to their own. But people should only be respected if they are worth respecting, imo.
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 05:35 PM

You do make me laugh qetta. I agree with you. Would not expect my daughter to look after me and quite frankly I could not live with her!! Would much prefer to go into a home but to have the arsenic ready when needed (for me not the other residents)
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by buttercup ->
You do make me laugh qetta. I agree with you. Would not expect my daughter to look after me and quite frankly I could not live with her!! Would much prefer to go into a home but to have the arsenic ready when needed (for me not the other residents)
I think arsenic might be a bit unpleasant, how about a handful of sedatives washed down with a fine wine or single malt?
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 05:41 PM

Yes - probably a better way to go. Better start stocking up.
Dancingsky
None

06-09-2010, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by buttercup ->
Yes - probably a better way to go. Better start stocking up.
Oh dear I think I am a bad influence!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 08:13 PM

Well, I don't have any children - just my two parrots and my dog - so haven't a clue what I would do - perhaps I could train the parrots to look after me and Loki as well!!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 09:29 PM

I am on my own and don't have any children. Have told my Sisters/Brother that when the time comes when I can't look after myself I will go into a home.

On a lighter note, I do occasionally remind one of my Nieces of what she said when she was young....she would look after me when I was old....not reached that stage yet, so no need to call on her
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 09:47 PM

My two children look after me - not if I can help it.
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 09:56 PM

This situation has just happened to us..my mum went into a care home 4 weeks ago she had vascular dementia and started to wander and do worrying things... I wanted to look after her and my OH and myself even considered moving in with her for a while so she could stay in her own home but her doctor gave me a lecture on all the don'ts and pitfalls... I really don't want my children to have to deal with this sort of thing it has been so upsetting...

I have written down everything that I have had to deal with and I am going to give it to my children to read... I do not want to go in a home but my daughters OH has told me he has already booked my room in one..lol

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top